Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Im brand new to the whole burning thing.

Question-2 Im brand new to the whole burning thing.

Hello, Im brand new to the whole burning thing, I just bought a laptop with a dvd burner. A friend of mine installed DVD Shrink for me and showed me howto use it, so I bought a load of DVD-R's but the system wouldnt recognise the discs. I then noticed in the properties that the unit will only take DVD+R(W). Is there a difference in the types of discs besides for the writable and the RE-Writable?????? Also If I can get it working, is there a way to use DVD Shrink to combine clips from different dvd's onto one disc???

Not a god of digital video blutach's Avatar

Yes, there is a difference. But gee, most burners these days are multi-format - it's been a long time since I've seen single format only. What sort of burner do you have (exact make and model)?

Take the disks back and exchange them for DVD+Rs. Also, but one +RW for testing.

To compile clips in DVD Shrink, see http://www.dvdshrink.info/compilation.php

Regards

Thanks very much for the advice. I dont have the unit with me at the moment Im at work, but I bought it in Dell, and its only 6 months old.

Not a god of digital video blutach's Avatar

It's a shame it ain't brand new. You coulda told them to exchange it. But anyway, use +Rs - they're a better format IMHO.

Regards

Thread Information