Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Split Dual Layer Layers into Seperate ISO's

Question Split Dual Layer Layers into Seperate ISO's

Hello!

I've just finished a DVD project in Adobe Encore, and it's dual layer.. anyway, I don't have a DLT drive, so can't create masters using tape. I've been told by the factory that they will accept a master as two seperate DVD-R's, one for each layer, but they currently dont accept DL-DVD-R at the moment.

So what i need to do is:

1) Burn DL Dual Layer Disc
    2) Use something to seperate the layers into two ISO's (one for Layer 0 and one for Layer 1)
    3) Burn the two ISO's onto seperate DVD-R (4.5gb)...

apparently, when they'll put the 2 back together it'll work perfectly, but I don't know how to do this at all!

Does anyone know how to seperate Layers into seperate disc Images?

NOT an online superstore drfsupercenter's Avatar

You could use DVD shrink and put the whole disc on one single layer DVD - would that work?

Not a god of digital video blutach's Avatar

You need to split the DVD into 2 disks - for this you could use DVD Fab or VobBlanker (see my sig, guide on site). This will create 2 DVDs. But be careful, when they reassemble, you will need to follow the layer break rules (just make sure disk 1 has more data on it than disk 2). But the mastering house will know this.

If you need ISOs from these 2 DVDs, then use ImgToolClassic from www.coujo.de

Regards

I know it's an old thread but I'll try ..... I split a DVD9 into 2 DVD's using the split ability of DVDFab ...

But now I want to "reasseble" the DVD (the movie anyway) back into a single file (basically back to one DVD9) ... is this possible ?

I would like to reassemble back to DVD9

But I would also like to be able to reassemble to movie to be able to rip it to an avi ..... rather than make to avi's from each dvd5 then join them to one avi .....

Is this even possible ? I never thought I'd need to do it so I don't know

Thread Information