Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lord Soth
    • Nov 2005

DL burning problems - Please HELP!

Hello, I am having trouble burning to DL DVD-R disks. I've never had problems with single layer disks. I'm trying to compile and backup various scenes to one DL DVD-R. It makes it to the burn phase and then fails. I even followed your advice and updated my firmware. Any help would be appreciated. I have a NEC ND-3540A. Attached is the error log.
    Attached Files
  • Lord Soth
    • Nov 2005

Thanks! First time and didn't notice the serial number.

Comment

• NightTran
      King of Digital Video
      King of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

I would Nero to your hard drive, shrink by Iso image file and burn with dvdd or imgburn, so I dont have to worry about + or -
      sigpic

Comment

• nwg
        Left *****
        • Jun 2003

I would burn to a folder using Shrink (set to no compression). Then download the program Pgcedit. Load the DVD files into Pgcedit. This program will then allow you to set a layer break and create a ISO which, can then be burned with Imgburn.

Pgcedit software.

Blutach's DL burning guide with Pgcedit.

I would also use DL+R instead of DL-R as the DVD player compatibility is a lot higher.

Comment

• Lord Soth
          • Nov 2005

Thanks guys. I'll have to try to give those other methods a try. I never had problems with standard DVD-Rs. This is new with DL burning.

I would use DVD+Rs but my two dvd players don't support it. I guess it is DVD-R for now.

Anyone else out there with any suggestions? From past experience the more suggestions the better. Thanks!

Comment

• blutach
            Not a god of digital video
            • Oct 2004

A DVD+R with the bitset is the closest equivalent of a regular DVD Video which ALL DVD players can, of course, play.

DL DVD-Rs are much more problematic.

Regards
            Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
            [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• nwg
              Left *****
              • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by Lord Soth
              Thanks guys. I'll have to try to give those other methods a try. I never had problems with standard DVD-Rs. This is new with DL burning.

I would use DVD+Rs but my two dvd players don't support it. I guess it is DVD-R for now.
              Are you talking about DL +R and DL -R?

DL+R is a lot more compatible and hardly any DL-R works with DVD players. Most DL+R is automatically burned as DVD ROM with most DL burners which increases the cmpatibility.

Comment

• Lord Soth
                • Nov 2005

I have a Toshiba RD-SX32. It only lists -R disks as being compatible. I tried a +R once and it didn't work. Guess I need to stick with -R for the time being. Can anyone else help with how to get nero to burn DL DVD-R disks? As I said before regular -R disks burn fine. Only the DL are problems. Otherwise I'll have to try the other methods of burning listed above. Thanks.

Comment

• nwg
                  Left *****
                  • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by Lord Soth
                  I have a Toshiba RD-SX32. It only lists -R disks as being compatible. .
                  But is that relating to single sided DVD-R's. DL-R is still new and the specs for it was only finalised this year. DL-R and DVD-R are different. As stated, DL-R is a lot less compatible. A player can play DVD-R and not DL-R.

Comment

• Lord Soth
                    • Nov 2005

I didn't know that??? I figured the -R was the same DL or not. Maybe I should ask someone at Toshiba and see if it will play DL DVD+Rs then? It is worth a shot. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know what I find out.

Comment

• nwg
                      Left *****
                      • Jun 2003

Is this your player?

It doesn't mention DL media but I had a quick look on the net and it does look like lot of Toshiba players do work with DL+R.

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers....arch&#comments

Comment

• Lord Soth
                        • Nov 2005

Yea, that is the player/recorder. I called their tech support and they said it didn't play any DL disks. They might not know what they are talking about though. I'll have to borrow a DL +R that my friend burned and see if it plays. That may be the only way to find out.

Otherwise can anyone suggest a good DL +R DVD player????? I know there are plenty out there that you can get for $60 or so? Thanks again.

Comment

• Lord Soth
                          • Nov 2005

I tried a friends DL DVD+R that they burned and it seemed to work fine on my player. I guess I'll pick me up some DL DVD+Rs and see if I have the same problem. I'll keep you posted. Looks like I have some DL DVD-Rs to sell on ebay.......

Comment

• doit2it
                            Platinum Member
                            Platinum Member
                            • Nov 2005

@Lord Soth

The fact that it PLAYS DL DVD+R doesn't mean it can BURN DL DVD+Rs

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎