X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

Feedback on LT. Columbo's Audio Sync Correction guide

LT, can you play the video & audio from that interface, or you have to output it to see the results of the audio delay? i can't remember
    Last edited by anonymez; 6 Nov 2005, 11:47 AM.
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

• LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

you must output, but that's really no big deal, while i'm in there i select a "source range" to an area of say 10-15 sec of the clip that is suitable for this test. this truly could be made easier, yes, and i hope future realeases of tmpgenc have big improvements on this
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

well, i thought i could help, i use this method to correct sync in all files, no matter which format:

play the file in MPC, press 'o' to bring up options, and click 'audio switcher'. set the time shift there, click ok, and you will see the results instantly. adjust as needed, just press 'o' again, enter the shift, and click OK. repeat until you get the perfect value, then input into tmpgenc

feel free to tell a mod to delete my posts, i don't want to vandalise your guide!

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

an excellent suggestion anonymez, truly. But unfortunately it won't work with tmpgenc, when there is an audio sync issue, that means there is usually a problem with the source file that only shows up AFTER the encode. DIVFIX and all that other stuff don't work--i tried it. this system is fool-proof and i can gaurantee works anyway

feel free to tell a mod to delete my posts, i don't want to vandalise your guide!
        no worries, when blutach reads this he can decide
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• anonymez
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

ok i see, its like a preliminary encode to see if the file will have any sync issues. i thought the method involved encoding the whole file first, then finding that there was a sync issue, and correcting it with the source range fuction. the mpc method only works if used after the encode
          Last edited by anonymez; 6 Nov 2005, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

yes, what i do is take a chance and just encode the file as normal, then if it's one that i'd say 5% of the time it's out, i re-encode the file with the correction
            Columbo moments...

Comment

• anonymez
              Super Moderator
              • Mar 2004

maybe its my bad memory of avi-->dvd encoding, but can't you just use the 'merge & cut' feature in tmpgenc's 'mpeg tools' to add the delay? no encoding needs to be done

edit: my bad, i just checked tmpgenc, i was confusing it with another tmpgenc

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

not that i'm aware of, never heard of it, never seen any place to do so...

edit: i see your edit
                Columbo moments...

Comment

• anonymez
                  Super Moderator
                  • Mar 2004

had it confused with cuttermaran, which can delay audio. i'll report my posts to a mod in a couple of minutes

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                    Demigod of Digital Video
                    • Nov 2004

no need IMO, i like questions...that my business

but i have no say over it
                    Columbo moments...

Comment

• blutach
                      Not a god of digital video
                      • Oct 2004

There must be a tool that report the AV delay properly in a straight MPEG file without the "human interaction".

I know of several for DVDs.

Regards
                      Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                      [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                        Demigod of Digital Video
                        • Nov 2004

well i'd like to talk to the fella who can show me one for an MPEG encoded avi! that would be nice indeed.
                        Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...