X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomshare
    Tomshare
    • Nov 2005

Concerned JVC doesn't make durable DVD Players

Concerned JVC doesn't make durable DVD Players. Have problem with freezing images on JVC N50BK DVD PLAYER after only 2 years. If someone cannot help me with self repair, I may scrap the unit since it can be replaced for the $60+ repair cost. Is JVC durable or should I buy another low cost brand? tomshare@yahoo.com
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

have you tried running a lens cleaning disc on the machine? if that doesn't help, i'd throw it in the bush and buy a new one. even a cheapskate like me would spring for a new one considering how cheap they are now. just my opinion

more info and comments on your player
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• jm1647
      An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
      • Apr 2005

I don't have a JVC DVD player but I have JVC-7650U VHS Recorder that is about 20 years old and still going strong!!

Comment

• BR7
        He is coming to your little town!
        • Aug 2005

I have the Toshiba SD-4900 and its worked like a dream for a long time I am now looking to get a new one just for an upgrade and then keep the SD-4900 in my room,What I am looking at is the Toshiba SD-4980 and for a $99 price tag this is one you may want to consider
        Plays DVD, DVD-R/-RW,DVD+RDVD+RW,VCD, CD, CD-R/RW, JPEG, WMA, MP3, AC-3, LCPM, ADPCM, Ogg, DivX, AVI and MPEG-4 formats and if you have HDTV it has HDMI output
        Last edited by BR7; 21 Nov 2005, 11:45 AM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• j1mmy
          • Nov 2005

Stuff is now manufactured by all companies to break just after the garuntee date in my opinion, considering the amount of stuff thats done that too me. And jm1647 I too had a VHS recorder that lasted about 13 years, was one of those cheap brands too! They just don't make stuff like they used to

And tomshare, maybe you could upgrade to a DVD recorder? The cost of those has come right down now.

Comment

• jm1647
            An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
            • Apr 2005

@j1mmy - I agree that things are made cheaper now and don't last as long but they cost a whole lot less now also.

About the DVD Recorder I bought one about a year ago for $149 US and love it.

Comment

Working...