Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Holly P
    • Mar 2005

Vcds and audio cds coming out with static

Recently my VCDs and my audio CDs have been coming out with static on them, The static sound on the audio CDs start at about track 10 and continues on every track afterwards. My VCDs are full of static. From start to finish.
    You can hear the voices and the music but it gets pretty annoying after a while of hearing it.

The static resembles the sound a blown out speaker would make.

Does anyone know what to do about this or has anyone ever encountered or even heard of this problem?

btw. MY DVDs I burn come out fine. From what I know it uses a diff laser then the one that makes the CDs.
  • jeo
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Feb 2004

MY DVDs I burn come out fine. From what I know it uses a diff laser then the one that makes the CDs.
    you're right!

Does anyone know what to do about this or has anyone ever encountered or even heard of this problem?
    this issues happen for one of this 2 reasons: your cds medias don't have good quality or the bean lazer for cd is "dying".
    maybe a single adjust in the bias(current) and tracking can help and solve this problem,search one good technician to adjust and test for you!

regards
    still sending greens(you can't see but can feel)

geriatric rock fan

Comment

• doit2it
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Nov 2005

@Holly P

Hello

Have you recently started using new or different CD media than you used to?

Also, have you recently played any new SONY BMG audio CDs on your computer? If you have, this may be the cause of your problem as these CDs install software called a rootkit onto your computer.

"According to Computer Associates, the Sony software makes itself a default media player on a computer after it is installed. The software then reports back the user's Internet address and identifies which CDs are played on that computer. Intentionally or not, the software also seems to damage a computer's ability to 'rip' clean copies of MP3s from non-copy protected CDs, the security company said.

'It will effectively insert pseudo-random noise into a file so that it becomes less listenable
      ,' said Sam Curry, a Computer Associates vice president. 'What's disturbing about this is the lack of notice, the lack of consent, and the lack of an easy removal tool.'"
      Last edited by doit2it; 13 Nov 2005, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• Holly P
        • Mar 2005

No, the only music I listen to are mp3s. I never buy audio cds. I did change media recently. Maybe that has something to do with it. I use memorex and the other audio cds I made were on maxell or audiobahn. I'll try a diff media and see what happens

Comment

• Holly P
          • Mar 2005

OK IT is the media. The memorex had static in the tracks and I used a Sony cdr and all the tracks came out with no static sounds.

Thanks alot guys and sorry for the double post. My edit button was showing "page cannot be displayed"

Comment

• doit2it
            Platinum Member
            Platinum Member
            • Nov 2005

Great to hear that our suggestions helped you solve the problem!

Comment

• decrypter

;>}a

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎