• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DiscCoasterPro
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Sep 2005

AVI Interleave problem...maybe?

Please forgive me for posting this a second time, I think I may have misplaced the original in the wrong area. It is kind of hidden off topic perhaps, I'm hoping someone can help. I'll just make a copy and paste of the message below. Thank you in advance for reading.

Hi all. I'd like to run a strange situation by you all and see if anyone can help me understand what is going on.

I have been using Nero to playback AVIs with no problem. I just purchased Adobe Premiere Elements and was experimenting with spliting a small AVI clip and saving the second half to an AVI file on my HD. Something I would normally do after editing a movie so I could bring it in to DVD Workshop for authoring.

I did it with no problem, except when I click on the file from Windows Explorer, my default Nero showtime comes up and as it normally does, it displays a viewing screen, however after just a second the screen closes, refusing to play this avi. I tried to open quite a few other avi files I had on the HD and there was no issue playing them through Nero.

Suspecting a corrupt avi from Adobe Premiere, I opened up the following players / programs that I already have on my computer which should be able to play the avi clip.... Ulead Video Studio, Ulead DVD Workshop2, The video player that came in the software with my ATI Radeon video card, Windows Media Player, dunno if I missed one ... However, they all played this file with no issue!

I reopened Adobe Premiere, and selected this avi in question, plus one that played OK in Nero, I examined each files properties. Nothing unusual as AVIs go, however I did notice the "interleave" on the playable AVIs through Nero were 1:14.95 and the AVI that wouldn't play through Nero but played everywhere else showed an interleave of 1:1.00

Just for fun, I closed Adobe, opened Ulead VS9, I brought the AVI in question into the Ulead Video Studio timeline, did absolutely nothing to it, I selected Share and Save file to HD as DV (same as I did in Adobe) I closed the Ulead program, double clicked on the new file from Windows Explorer, and Nero played it no problem.

I then opened up Adobe again and checked that file's properties and low and behold the interleave now showed 1:14.95

I'm assuming that Nero doesn't like the 1:1.00 interleave, but I don't understand what it is and why it was changed by Ulead's program

If anyone who could shed some light on this I'd appreciate it very much. I mean it's not really any issue as I wouldn't be playing these back much, if ever though Nero, it is just strange.

thanks much,
    dcp
Working...