Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Which burner to buy? - Digital Video Forums

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which burner to buy?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jm1647
    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
    • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
    And many thanks to you for naming me. The nickname started to really grow on me, sort of like the hair.
    At this rate we're gonna have competition for best user in a user name
    It's a shame we can't get the Chewy avatar to roar!

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

And many thanks to you for naming me. The nickname started to really grow on me, sort of like the hair.
      all part of a days work chewy, Han would be proud
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Floppy

@Cambion7

Yes the Plextools pro v2.28 U can access pretty much where Nero left off... A quick firmware update to the latest version. and you have I hope as good a drive as it's IDE clone.

The only thing about this plextools pro or the XL version is that the drive can read/write CD-G (For karaoke CD's) but there is no included software or anything that allows users to go on a bender pretending theire Elvis straight out of the Box...

One of my favorite features is the hability to burn a CD and password lock it... without the right software (secure viewer) and the password good luck trying to hack into the Cd to see whats in there...

I have allways used the Ritek G-05 or now F1 and bloody hell does it zoooooooooooooooooooooom...

@Chewy

Happy Furry Friends nice....
        Last edited by Guest; 26 Nov 2005, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• blutach
          Not a god of digital video
          • Oct 2004

@rbrtpl

Who the hell is chewy? And when did he become a moderator?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Regards
          Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
          [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• jm1647
            • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by blutach
            BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
            I thought that was Chewy roaring for a minute

Comment

• Floppy

More like DR Evil getting an Enema....

Comment

• jm1647
                • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by Floppy
                More like DR Evil getting an Enema....

Comment

• Cambion7
                  Digital Video Expert
                  Digital Video Expert
                  • Nov 2005

do you have any good 8x +r media?
                  some drives overburn at 16x or 12x
                  I just ordered 100 verb 16x dvd+r's for 35$ free shipping at newegg
                  I just picked up a spindle of 16x dvd+r verb from CompUSA, not even close to the deal you got! Skeleton Key burned in less than 7 minutes to the +R. I have been using DVD-R made by Memorex, but think I'll change over to the +R just because it seems that's what everyone else is using.

For what its worth, I burned two DL's, brand name Memorex and they play fine on my stand-alone Apex. But the Stand-Alone Pioneer DVR dislikes it! I think I'm going to have to end up getting another cheap Apex for the back bedroom. That Pioneer even skips and freeze-frames backed up movies that the Apex will play just fine.

Best Regards,
                  Cambion7
                  Like the info in these forums? Want to contribute? Click here to Register for Free!

"In space, nobody can hear you cha cha cha...."
                  - Confidence

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

"Skeleton Key burned in less than 7 minutes to the +R."

that's equivalent to a fast 8x or 12x internal burn

just to be safe never burn above 8x on even the best media

for the record here is one guy who got an EXTERNAL burner to
                    burn at rocket speeds(given it's firewire?)

way to go cambion

Comment

• Floppy

Was that a Plextor I wonder?

Comment

• Chewy
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2003

Yep,
                        I just picked up 100 verb 16x dvd+r(MCC 004) MIT, for 30$,
                        first test burn in LG 4136B(blu's drive) 4350MB 5 min 27 sec
                        newest nero

scanning in benq 1620 at 8x pif's started out bad QS went down to 93,
                        avg .03 and dropping pie's were low and started climbing at 3.5 G

almost a cdfreaks hall of fame burn
                        Last edited by Chewy; 28 Nov 2005, 03:36 AM.

Comment

• Cambion7
                          Digital Video Expert
                          Digital Video Expert
                          • Nov 2005

"Skeleton Key burned in less than 7 minutes to the +R."

that's equivalent to a fast 8x or 12x internal burn

just to be safe never burn above 8x on even the best media

for the record here is one guy who got an EXTERNAL burner to
                          burn at rocket speeds(given it's firewire?)
                          Thanks Chewy! Yes, I have it running off my Asus P4C800E Deluxe firewire port. Figured why not use what's available to me.

And Floppy, if your question was directed to me, yes it's a Plextor PX-716UF. It came with firmware 1.08 but I've since flashed it to the latest 1.09 just to be on the safe side.

The bonus for this burner, it will do Verbatim DVD+R/DL at 6X.

Best Regards,
                          Cambion
                          Like the info in these forums? Want to contribute? Click here to Register for Free!

"In space, nobody can hear you cha cha cha...."
                          - Confidence

Comment

• Chewy
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2003

That's a bear of a mobo to load, took me 2 tries and a lot of tweaks.
                            I felt stupid till an internet guru told me it took him 3 tries.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎