Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilfella
    • Nov 2005

DVDRW drive changes to CDRW drive when blank DVD is inserted

I'm using an external Sony DRX-710UL and Maxell DVD+R 8x discs (on the Sony approved media list). My system is a Compaq Evo N610c running WinXP SP2. I've been trying to burn a successful DVD of a movie I made, using Nero 6. I've updated my burner's firmware, updated Nero, checked my DMA settings and burn settings (no more than 4x), and otherwise tried to follow all the Golden Rules of Burning FAQ listed elsewhere on these forums.

Transcoding, while slow, always seems to go fine. However, regardless of all the safeguards and hoops I have jumped through, whenever I insert a blank dvd, the drive does not recognize it. In My Computer, you can actually see the drive change from DVDRW to CDRW as soon as the media is inserted. Eject the disc, and the drive info. changes back to DVDRW.

What else should I try?
  • cornholio7
    Unavailable
    • Jun 2005

try some other media
    verbatim or taiyo yuden are very good

Comment

• Floppy

You know, I have been using Ritek for two years now for all sorts of Jobs with extremely great quality results....

The Ritek Went now from G04(-R) dye = x4 speed to G05(-R) dye x 8 Speed G03 Dye (+R) x8 speed...

DL too expensive still for my taste.... Next New RITEKF1 dye (-R) x16 speed

I dont really care about Sony approved list because it is total nuts.... Just a way to inflate further the prices of certain media and Sony probably own these companies...

Sony wont support Ritek but the Burners do read and write them without any trouble I burned many DVD-R with a Sony DWU10A (OEM) and a DRU500A (retail) before I swapped for a real drive(s) Plextor 716A x2

Now if you can afford Tayo in the UK buy them from HERE

You will be pleasently surprised

Also after many months of trashing the PC will need refreshing and a clean Reeistall of the OS is recommended on average once a year...

Regular defragmentation Using tools like the people that Let microsoft use theire defragmentation code Diskeeper Pro (my Fav) is also a must but the inbuilt defrag tool is the absolute minimum...

After all that bye, bye and let US know what gives

Comment

• lilfella
        • Nov 2005

Well, I've tried Verbatim and Sony media to no avail. The drive still changes to CD from DVDRW each time any dvd disc media is inserted, and then back to DVDRW again once the media is removed.

I'm also having other issues with a different PC, and have posted another thread in this forum. I can't seem to win no matter what I do.

I think I'm destined NOT to complete this project.

Thanks for the suggestions, however.

Comment

• Floppy

Shame...

I wouldnt give up and go right down to a Ritek media tryout. But your welcome for any suggestion(s) from my/our part.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎