X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whiteaegis
    • Nov 2005

VCD playback error

Hello.
    In past I ususally use tmpgenc to convert .avi file to mpeg than burn vcd;however, I recently tried to convert .avi file to mpeg using Tmpgenc. I used a default setting, but it would only enconde picture and no audio. I used other program called blaze media pro which successfully convert .avi file to mpeg. I also use blaze media pro to burn vcd. However, vcd will not playback on my pc and I received error from divx player saying," File open Failure: Error opneing file.
    Please check that it is a valid .avi or mpeg-4 file." I don't know why I am getting this error message because when blaze media pro convert into mpeg divx and windows media player was able to play back. However, after burning mpeg file to vcd it fails to play back. However, vcd does play on regular standalone dvd player. Vcd has all the necessary files such as .dat file, ext folder, mpeg folder, and vcd folder. Should I use different software to burn vcd? I really like Tmpgenc, but .avi file I am trying to convert is short anime and I don't know why it would not encode a sound?
    I appericiate your response and have a nice Thanksgiving.

• LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

first, does the avi play ok on your computer (with sound)?

try raising the direct show multimedia file reader as mentioned at the beginning of this guide.

also post the audio AND video information from virtualdubmod (link at beginning od guide too) so as to see what type of audio it has.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎