Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • derdy
    • Nov 2005

VCD Problems with Nero

I made a few VCD's with Nero using avi files.... The first 10-15 minutes are fine and then the audio cuts out for the rest of the movie.... I've noticed that it does it right when the video cuts to another scene.... The audio cut at around the same time on all 3 VCD's I made... The files are contiguous for the duration of the VCD... I have burned other VCD's that worked fine, but there were multiple files and they all were from 2-4 minutes in duration... I've checked to make sure that the avi's were working fine, which they are.... Any ideas?

I have XP Pro SP 2, Nero 6.6.0.18

Thanks,
    Denny
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Welcome to the Digital Digest Video forum derdy!

What program did you use to take the "raw" avi files and convert them to mpeg?

Comment

• derdy
      • Nov 2005

well these files are divx avi files... if that makes any sense... i'm assuming divx is the compression... anyways, what i did was used nero smart start created a vcd disc and selected my files to add to the disc.... 1 disc was a single avi file 702MB..... i didn't use anything to convert the avi to mpeg, does this need to be done? if so i'd assume that it's built into nero.... the second CD i created, i used a 675MB wmv file... both VCD's had the same error in almost the exact same spot.... like i hadn't had any problems with past VCD's, the only difference being the size of the files, why that would make a difference i don't know

THanks,
      -Denny

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

don't use nero to do converting avi's, if you can try this guide:
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• derdy
          • Nov 2005

I appreciate the suggestion, I'll give that software a shot.... But it still really doesn't get to the bottom of my problems...... I could see if it was just avi, but it's wmv as well..... Perhaps an internal bug? I just downloaded an update for nero so we'll see if that works, i'm also going to try burning at 24x rather than 48x to see if that works as well on a wmv

Thanks,
          Denny

Comment

• derdy
            • Nov 2005

okay nevermind, nero is on my last nerve!

Comment

• derdy
              • Nov 2005

are there any other tutorials on converting avi to vcd? or should i just follow that tutorial the same? also what about mov files? i tried looking at the fps in the properties, but it wasn't there

-Denny

Comment

• derdy
                • Nov 2005

i tried doing a mov file in TMPGenc... video is fine but there is no audio... is there something i missed?

Comment

• derdy
                  • Nov 2005

oh boy i'm smart!! i figured out the audio... looks like all that IT training paid off!!

Thanks again!
                  Denny

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                    Demigod of Digital Video
                    • Nov 2004

glad we could help, what was the problem?
                    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                    Columbo moments...
                    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• derdy
                      • Nov 2005

as far as the audio not coming up, i just needed to add the mov file to the audio source as well.... so the video looks pretty good, not as clear as i would like a little pixelated, is there any way to fix this or is it just the source file is already at a low bitrate/fps?

as far as nero is concerned, i'll have to try to reburn a single 650MB file after converting it with TMPGenc.... it seems to me like a software bug, a friend tried suggesting burning at a slower speed, but i can't understand why that would work..... if i make vcd using 1 single file that exceeds 19 minutes it looses audio, regardless of file type(wmv, avi, etc)... if i use multiple files that take up the entire cd it's fine....

oh well, that software is nice though, just wish i knew what half of it meant! that's why groups like these are great, there's so much in technology to know, it's impossible to know it all yourself!

you'll be hearing from me again i'm sure

Denny

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎