Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ropiropai
    • Nov 2005

Subtitles for AVI and MPG files

Hi, I wanna know if theres any way to paste subtitles to video files type AVI or MPG.. And how it must be done...
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

do you wish to permanently insert them, or just play the subs over the video?
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• DrinkOrDie
      It Was The Dog, I Swear!
      • Nov 2003

Cheers! I hope I'm not stepping on toes here, but I sure would like to know how to put subtitles in the AVI whichever way is easiest. It was frustrating to watch a "Red Dawn" AVI ripped from DVD 'cause it was missing the english subtitles for scenes in which russian was was being spoken.
      Last edited by DrinkOrDie; 29 Nov 2005, 01:54 PM.
      My toy:

Custom Build PC Born on 03-08-08AMD Athlon64 X2 6400+ (3.21Ghz) (Black Edition) on overclock ready Asus M2R32-MVP Crossfire AMD chipset Mobo, 8-Channel HD Audio, Windows XP MCE, 2GB 800Mhz DDR2, 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 500GB SATA-II HardDisks X 4 in RAID 4 mode,(1.5 TB storage capacity + 500GB eSata external) Sony MultiRec DVD-RW, PCI-HDTV Tuner, SOYO Topaz S 24" Wide LCD 1920X1200

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

drinkordie, the easist way is to download & install 'vobsub', and make the subtitle file and video file have the same name eg movie.avi, movie.srt

Comment

• ropiropai
          • Nov 2005

i did that, i mean, i have vobsub, and i can se avi files with subtitles but when i wanna burn the movie in a cd to play it on my dvd, i cant `put the subtitles because the sw (nero) does not recognize de subtitle file format....
          and give me a message that MPEG convereter is required...

Comment

• anonymez
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2004

ropiropai, to permanently insert the subs into the avi file, and thus see it when burning with nero, you need to re-encode. see here http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=272736 or here http://www.videohelp.com/srtsubsvirtual.htm

you can then convert to dvd with nero, or a program of your choice

Comment

Working...