X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teatimedrive
    • Nov 2005

Any Help Out there ...3rd time I have posted not 1 response

<TABLE class=tborder id=post321251 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_321251>Hi, I am absolutely grateful I found this site. My dilemna is as follows: I am a musician and hired someone to put together a promo package ..aka Demo video. However I am not happy with the results. The audio was recorded separately and added to the video after the fact, and I was given a DVD. Now there are a few things like some effects and pictures I would like to add to this DVD, is it possible to edit and what are some examples of software or freeware I may look at using. I dont want to compromise the quality at all. I am aware there is a ton of software out there but the following is the problem. I notice when checking the properties I only have one folder labelled _ts Am I not supposed to have two. One for audio and 1 video? The dvd plays fine....but how and what can I use to edit it , if at all. Thanks so much for any responses.

(email omitted)

</TD><TD class=alt1 align=right><!-- controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Last edited by blutach; 30 Nov 2005, 07:39 AM.
  • blutach
    Not a god of digital video
    • Oct 2004

There should be an AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folder, but the former should be empty. Does the DVD play OK (is the audio in sync with the video?). If not, you may need to demux (use DVD Decrypter) and remux it (with muxman).

What exactly do you want to add to the DVD? Different stuff can be added, potentially in a different titleset. You'll need a menu, but there are simple packages out there to create this stuff.

Regards
    Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
    [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• benbryant
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Aug 2005

Hi teatimedrive,

When you try to edit a DVD such as adding transitions, fading in and out...even with some well known programs like Adobe Premiere or Sony Vegas, your movie becomes degraded because the reencoding process involved. That is why I always keep my original miniDV tapes in case I would like to edit and make a different DVD gain. In your case, in order to minimize quality loss, I would like to recommend a program called " MPEG Video Wizard" which allow applying transitions, fades, add or change the positon of audio files on the timeline. The whole process can be done without format conversion. When everything is done, you can use TMPGEnc DVD Author to author you DVD again. It can encode AVI to mpeg-1 or mpeg-2 but its encoding quality doesn't impress me though. I rather use TMPGEnc for DVD encoding purposes. But for a normal and basic DVD editing without quality loss, I will go for this software, It comes with free trial period for you to test. Please get it from here:

Regards

Comment

• Mr MediaGymn
        • Dec 2005

Nice Try but no Cigar

Teatimedrive has no legal right to the dvd they are trying to pirate. The matter will be before the courts shortly and they will likely be facing charges of theft, fraud and copyright infringement also.

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

"I am a musician and hired someone to put together a promo package ..aka Demo video."

interesting legal point

Comment

• drfsupercenter
            NOT an online superstore
            • Oct 2005

If it is his music... then that would be legal. It is like if I shot some videos with my video camera and asked someone to put it on a DVD for me.
            CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
            Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
            My DVD Collection

Comment

• UncasMS
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2001

it's not that simple, drfsupercenter

thread closed

Comment