Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • msiler
    • Oct 2005

DVD Cleaning Help?

I rent a lot of movies and some of them are in truly horrendous condition. I would love to be able to simply "clean and buff them up" and then watch them instead of running back to the rental store and explaining the disk is in terrible condition, can I have another copy and then going all the way home again and finally watching it...

Polishing with things like clear cote or furiture polish are ok for really light scratches or fingerprints but some of these (especially kids videos) are in much worse condition (and there's nothing more annoying than hearing "daaaaaaddy, it's skipping again, it's not working, wah wah wah).

Wondering what people are using or recommending to properly clean, resurface and / or repair CD's and DVD's?
    Does anyone use SkipDr or DiscWizard or similar? Are they any good?

Thanks in advance,
    -Matt-
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

i hope this may be of help for you
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• BR7
      He is coming to your little town!
      • Aug 2005

I use <a href="http://www.cdrestorer.com/">Clear Kote</a> it works well it wont fix big gouges but it cleans off fingerprints and repels dust and it fills in light scratches the bottle may look small but a little bit goes a long way I have had the same bottle for about a year. I use lint free <a href="http://www.allsop.com/cd-dvd-cleaners/cd-dvd-cleaners/model-50100/fast-wipes/">Allsop wipes</a> to buff it up after I spray it results are the DVD is all nice and shiny again
      Last edited by BR7; 30 Nov 2005, 04:19 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

Working...