X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T-O
    • Dec 2005

TMPGEnc problem, no video - only sound

Hi, i've got a problem encoding a dv avi to mpeg2 for a svcd

I've made a movie in premiere pro, exported to DV AVI, pal, 720 x 576 25 f/s
    The movie is 4 gig in size, plays fine in WMP

then i import the movie into TMPGEnc, use normal settings, SVCD pal 600 some lines, 480 x 576 pixels, 25 f/s, check the option video & audio.

It says i't going to be 400 mb in size, ik click start and wait 40 minutes

Then when i want to play it, it only shows black video and the sound is fine. Playing with powerdvd gives the same, burning it with nero svcd and playing on a dvdplayer displays the same.

Can anyone help me?
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

Go to the TMPGEnc's Option menu and select Environmental settings. From there, select the
    VFAPI Plug-in tab.

There you see a list of various reader plugins installed for the TMPGEnc. The one that's called DirectShow Multimedia File Reader is the one that we're looking at. As a default, its priority is -1. Select the item and right click on it. Choose Higher priority and repeat this until the "Priority" for this item is higher than any other plugin's priority in the list (usually 2).

give this a try.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• HalG
      • Apr 2008

The same problem, but with v3.0.5.149. There is no such menu(Options,Environmental....). I looked at Preferences Menu, but couldn't find the solution.
      Please help me.

Comment

• paglamon
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

The same problem, but with v3.0.5.149. There is no such menu(Options,Environmental....).
        Columbo was talking about TMPGEnc Plus.
        You are probably talking about TMPGEnc DVD Author.
        sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎