Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VHS to DVD, just how good a quality am I going to be able to get?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike89
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • May 2005

VHS to DVD, just how good a quality am I going to be able to get?

I recently started converting some educational VHS tapes to DVD on my computer.

I am using the Leadtek TV2000XP TV tuner card for video capture and Nero Vision Express for the software.

I've made a few DVD's already but I notice that when the people move, there is a blur at the edges of their arms, legs, etc. The VHS tapes aren't the greatest quality but playing them sure doesn't produce these effects.

What's causing this? Would a better capture card, like the Hauppage 150 for example, fix this problem?
    I7 920 @ 3.5 gig (ThermalRight U120E 1366 RT Heatsink), Asus P6T, 3x1024 Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 280, NEC 90GX2, X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, Lite-on IHAS4228 SATA DVD R/W, Pioneer DVR-216D SATA DVD R/W, LG GH22NS30 SATA DVD R/W, 2 WD 640 gig (32 meg cache) SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig SATA External HDD (eSata), Winfast USB2 TV Tuner, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows XP Pro
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

It has to do with memory, and the software. Ulead captures pretty well, try that, and buy some more memory. And burn with whatever program you capture with. That works perfectly for me on my Dazzle-DVC90 USB capture device (I capture with Pinnacle, dunno if there is a trial for that though)
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• Mike89
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      • May 2005

Buy more memory? Dude, did you look at my sig. I got 2 gigs already. I don't need more memory.
      I7 920 @ 3.5 gig (ThermalRight U120E 1366 RT Heatsink), Asus P6T, 3x1024 Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 280, NEC 90GX2, X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, Lite-on IHAS4228 SATA DVD R/W, Pioneer DVR-216D SATA DVD R/W, LG GH22NS30 SATA DVD R/W, 2 WD 640 gig (32 meg cache) SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig SATA External HDD (eSata), Winfast USB2 TV Tuner, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows XP Pro

Comment

• tigerman8u
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2003

this has to do with telecide/interlace. check here and let us know if this is your problem

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎