Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wakenaam
    • Nov 2004

Music digitizing software

Friends: I am trying to convert my oldies on audio cassettes to MP3 formats for future burning onto CDs. I am using a program called "Audio Recorder for Free v5.5". The playbacks sound like crap no matter how I change the settings. Could someone suggest a better software? Thanks a lot.
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

Nero Wave Editor. www.nero.com if you don't have Nero. VERY IMPORTANT: Go into the volume control (Start/Programs/Accessories/Entertainment/Volume Control) and then click on Options, then Properties. Then click on Recording, then check all of the boxes. Move all the sliders down some to prevent distortion.
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• Wakenaam
      • Nov 2004

Drfsupercenter: Thanks a lot for your response. I am using Windows 98SE to do my conversions and do not have a Windows 98 compatible Nero. The sound recorder that's built into Windows do not have compression capability, and can only record for 60 secs. That's why I need third party software. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• benbryant
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Aug 2005

Hi Wakenaam,

Please try a free audio editor called Audacity. Although this is free program, it has most of the outstanding features available only for professional programs. You can download the program and its tutorials and helps from the link below:

Download Audacity for free. A free multi-track audio editor and recorder. Audacity is a free, easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. Audacity is free software, developed by a group of volunteers and distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).

Regards

Comment

• Wakenaam
          • Nov 2004

Benbryant: Thanks a lot for your response. Will certainly try it out and let you know how it works out. Much appreciation. Cheers!!!!!

Comment

• benbryant
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Aug 2005

You're welcome and please come back to visit us any time

Regards

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢