Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mindful
    • Dec 2001

newbie tv-out help

hello umm i just got a gforce2 video card with a tv-out and they also gave me a cable/wire for it but it doesnt fit into any of the tv outlets is there something i'm missing that i can do so i can display watch movies from my computer on my tv? hardware wise... thx u for the help ahead of time
  • 1 Smelly Fish
    • Nov 2001

What does the plug look like? It may be a SVCD plug and if your TV doesnt have a 'in' plug that fits it you are going to have to buy an adaptor for a few $'s at your local electronic store, Tandy, Dick Smith's ect ect. Take the cable into the store and just tell them you want to be able to plug it into the 'in' on your TV.

Cheers

Comment

• mindful
      • Dec 2001

hehe ok thx ill do it as soon as i can ..

Comment

• Fruitmaker
        • Nov 2001

@smelly

you mean SVHS do you ?? or is there an output format SVCD ?? dont think so, but tell me if im wrong.

mfg
        Fruitmaker
        There is always a way u can handle it...

Comment

• mindful
          • Dec 2001

woo hoo ok i got it to work so i can use the tv as my monitor .. ok now i wanna ask is it possible for me to umm like use my desktop as it is and then when i want to watch a movie ill play it on the tv but my desktop is still on this monitor? and not playing the movie but over at the tv it is.. blahh i hope someone understands what i'm thinking lol sorry if i sound dumb i probably is dumb

Comment

• 1 Smelly Fish
            • Nov 2001

Yes i did mean SVHS Frutimaker, sorry bout that and thanks for keeping me inline mate

If i understand you correct Mindful, you want to watch a movie on your TV that you have playing from your PC and want to have your desktop on your PC so you can use your computer as well while the movie is on your TV. I dont think this is possible mate. But there are other ways to get about this Your only limited by your imagination (or how much cash you have in your wallet).

You could :buy another computer to play your movies or
            convert the AVI files to MPEG > VCD> buy a Stand-alone DVD Player or VCD player and watch them like that

Cheers

Comment

• mindful
              • Dec 2001

hehe ok thx u

Comment

Working...