Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StaxRip builds (x264, AAC, XviD, DivX, AC3, MP3, AVI, MKV, DIVX container)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ariefjuga
    • Aug 2009

why this sticky thread not updating its information? i see in free-codecs.com there is staxrip 1.1.2.4 beta version. is it official release?

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

Latest version is 1.1.3 (stable), info below:

What's new in StaxRip 1.1.3 (Jan 4, 2010):
      • Added new GUI for audio with AC3 support using eac3to. The new GUI will serve as foundation for better Blueray and AVCHD support in future versions
      • Added possibility to use shift key to crop 8 pixel instead of 2 pixel while cropping using mousewheel. Added menu item in crop dialog to remove all cropping. Added DAR display in crop dialog status display
      • Added display for target DAR, PAR and SAR in main dialog (SAR = Storage Aspect Ratio). Added display for Source DAR in main dialog. Mod values are only displays when differ from 16/16
      • Added DGMPGDEC 1.5.7 and changed it to run hidden reporting progress to StaxRip
      • Improved user interface to match Vista/Win 7 look and feel.
      • Improved handling of various input formats
      • Updated mkvtoolnix to version 3.0.0
      • Updated x264 to r1376
      • Moved preparers from project options to settings
      • Fixed application dialog slow loading, high memory usage and crashes on faulty systems
      • Fixed not taking notice of script changes resulting in different image size, framerate, length etc.
      • Fixed bug force film detection being broke
      • Various other minor fixes, improvements and updates
      Download Link

Official Download Website
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• ariefjuga
        • Aug 2009

oh, it is stable build. gotta try it. Thanks admin.

Comment

• whiteswan
          • Jan 2010

i will try this Stax soon, i am a video converting/encoding fan.

thanks for the info..

soon i raise a question for you.

===========

btw, i am using AVS Video Converter 6.3 right now and it works faster than ever...
          Last edited by whiteswan; 28 Jan 2010, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• CtrlZ
            • May 2010

How does anamorphic work in Staxrip

I am having trouble understanding how anamorphic works within the context of StaxRip. It made sense to me when I was using Handbrake, because you just chose an anamorphic mode. And from what I understand that made the difference between whether your image would be stretched out when played. It would tell you the dimensions of the stored image and the dimensions of the image to be displayed.

I switched to StaxRip to take advantage of more of the advanced features of x264. And I can see from all of the tutorials on StaxRip that it used to have an 'anamorphic' tick box. But in the latest version the anamorphic option is gone and it just has DAR and PAR which I can set. I have no idea whether it is using anamorphic or not.

I would like to use anamorphic because I am aiming for a very small file size rather than a high quality image. My original video is a VOB ripped from one of my DVDs and StaxRip says it is 720x576. I have cropped the letterbox off the top and bottom making the size 720x424. My final aim is that I would have a video 320 high, which would stretch out to the correct aspect ratio - whatever that might be.

Can someone take me through how this is done in StaxRip, or help me understand how all of this should work?

Thanks

Comment

• gobar
              • Jun 2010

I'm having a problem with installing DGDecNV decoder, do i unzip to the staxrip folder, or place the zip file in the staxrip folder, if i run the installer i get an error message (ERROR: cu ModuleLoad xxxxxxx\StaxRip + Apps\NV12ToRGB24_sm_20.cubin failed (200)
              Hit yes to continue notifying this specific error type;hit no to disable it.
              hit cancel to suppress all further errors.
              It doesn't matter which key i press i get the same error
              in the description it states that NGDecNV is a shareware decoder/frameserver that runs on the GPU of Nvidia graphics cards which i have (Gainward 9800GT).

Comment

• admin
                Administrator
                • Nov 2001

I think you can just unzip anywhere, go into StaxRip's Tools -> Applications section (Demuxing & Muxing), select DGIndexNV, press F11 and select the .exe file.
                Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• rozahmed
                  • Jan 2017

Thanks !

Comment

• auvietco
                    • Jul 2017

Thanks you

Comment

Working...
                    😀