Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StaxRip builds (x264, AAC, XviD, DivX, AC3, MP3, AVI, MKV, DIVX container)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stax
    • Dec 2005

Happy new year to everybody

First release this year is a urgent bug fix release.

0.9.1.8 (2006-01-01)

• fix: fixed bug in settings dialog and maybe other TreeView based dialogs causing a crash on some systems.
    • new: experimental/beta new x264 encoder.
    StaxRip

Comment

• tomm2cool
      • Jan 2006

Hey stax, Im having a problem re-encoding an XVID movie file in order to play as a data file on my Phillips DVP-642 stand alone dvd player. (Im using StaxRip 0.9.1.7 by the way)

The reason I am trying to re-encode, is the fact that the original movie file used GMC and the DVP-642 does not support GMC or QPEL.

I used all the default settings for StaxRip to re-encode the file. The new file now plays on my DVP-642. The quality is excellent, but so far, a few scences have frames that are moving very slow and actually pause for a moment. Is there any setting that I should be using in order to avoid the frame skipping and pausing that has occured?

Also, I tried using StaxRip 0.9.1.8, but when I try to open the file, Windows tells me that it has encountered a problem and that it needs to close the application. Anything Im doing wrong?

By the way, this program seems to be the best encoding software Ive used so far. (Especially since I am a big encoding boob. ) Hope I can get this problem solved. Thanks in advance for any help given.

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

maybe this *glitch* is inevitable but maybe you might want to try another testrun WITHOUT packed bitstream option set (which is ON by default)

I am a big encoding boob
        dont get me wrong, but you're making me curious - can we ask you for a proof by e.g. providing a picture

Comment

• tomm2cool
          • Jan 2006

Originally Posted by UncasMS
          maybe this *glitch* is inevitable but maybe you might want to try another testrun WITHOUT packed bitstream option set (which is ON by default)

dont get me wrong, but you're making me curious - can we ask you for a proof by e.g. providing a picture
          Tried it without the packed bitstream option set, but still no good. I might have to buy a new pack of CD-Rs soon if I keep making this many coasters.

Any other suggestions?

Oh and I would provide a pic, but it might be too racey for this forum.

Comment

• stax
            • Dec 2005

Also, I tried using StaxRip 0.9.1.8, but when I try to open the file, Windows tells me that it has encountered a problem and that it needs to close the application. Anything Im doing wrong?
            It's hard to tell, if StaxRip don't offer sending a bug report when crashing then it's weird and much of a problem since I have no debug information. I can only help if you can find a way for me to reproduce it.
            StaxRip

Comment

• stax
              • Dec 2005

0.9.1.9 (2006-01-05)

• fix: Fixed crash using second audio track only.
              • fix: Warning and refusing opening files with unicode name as it's not supported by some applications e.g. DGIndex.
              • fix: It's no longer possible to ignore crucial assistant instructions and warnings.
              • new: Enabled MP4 and MKV input for the MKV muxer, can be used with x264 and fixes also a bug.
              • new: x264 quality mode (--qrf).
              • change: Updated to x264 395 wich fixes also incompatibility bugs.
              • change: Added delay handling to audio profiles since it's better to use the encoder instead of the muxer to handle delay.
              • change: Only audio files are picked up when opening a source file that are supported by the audio profile.
              • change: Legacy x264 encoder removed.
              • change: x264 encoder command line preview includes now all file paths.
              StaxRip

Comment

• Thomas_AR
                Stranger in the night
                • Oct 2005

Does StaxRip supports ffdshow for encoding to XviD?

Comment

• stax
                  • Dec 2005

There is no GUI yet but there is rich command line support. In the encoder profiles you can create a command line encoder.
                  StaxRip

Comment

• Thomas_AR
                    Stranger in the night
                    • Oct 2005

ok, will give it a try. Would be nice to implement a GUI for ffdshow encoding. Perhaps version 2.x . Mor important things to implement i can imagine.

Comment

• stax
                      • Dec 2005

0.9.2.0 (2006-01-07)

• new: Full controls over x264 turbo switches.
                      • new: Additional x264 CLI switches that don't have GUI controls yet can be added.
                      StaxRip

Comment

• ajp
                        Platinum Member
                        Platinum Member
                        • Mar 2005

I just downloaded this from your site and when I unpack and try to open it I get an error and it closes.

Comment

• anonymez
                          Super Moderator
                          • Mar 2004

make sure you have ".NET Framework 2.0" installed, get it from http://www.microsoft.com
                          "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• ajp
                            Platinum Member
                            Platinum Member
                            • Mar 2005

i downloaded .net from the link on stax page. I would post the error log but I can't highlite and copy it.

Comment

• stax
                              • Dec 2005

@ajp

What about making a screenshot, press Win+Print, paste into a graphics application, save a JPG file and upload it to rapidshare or imageshack.
                              StaxRip

Comment

• ajp
                                Platinum Member
                                Platinum Member
                                • Mar 2005

Here you go.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢