• civilforce
    • Oct 2004

how would I monitor the voltage?

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

going into bios is one way
      strange 3 burners, what if it was something else?

Comment

• d0000d
        • Dec 2005

buffer blues~

d00d i dont get the whole nero buffer level thing myself.
        how are you to tell if its "normal buffer level movement"
        or if something is going wrong?
        where do you draw the line?
        like i have been messing around with a few burners
        (burning 8x dvd +or - ) and they seem to start out with the buffer level at 97 or 98 and does not change. if it changes, its by one point, between 97 and 98 then maybe a little before (or was it a little after) the halfway point, the buffer level seems to become slightly more erratic, usually not enough to take away one bar tho (so staying within 90) but i think i saw 89 once.

so since i see this in 3 out of 4 dvd burners and they are producing dvds that pass verification, should i conclude that this is normal buffer level activity?

so then of course i would be concerned when i bought a sony dru 810a and observed its buffer level quite more erratic than the others
        it goes down even to 70 sometimes. and it has this different sort of feel to it as well... i guess because it changes buffer level % more quickly than the other drives as well...like its never one % for very long. it operates like this from start to finish.
        whereas the other drives are a fixed % for the first half, and start to become erratic but even then they stay at one % for a couple seconds at least...
        the discs burned in the sony drive seem to be readable even in really picky drives that wont read the burned dvds from the other 3 drives...leading me to beleive that the sony drive is making a good quality burn...
        but whats up with the buffer level?
        it just kind of freaks me out to see it jumping around like that....
        cant they make me a dvd burner that burns at 8x and the buffer level stays at 98 the whole time????

make that 99

anyone have a burner/config that does this?

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

I had a similar problem till I got my drivers right. Hopefully you won't
          have to reload windows like I did.

Comment

Working...