0%
    60-79
    0%
    59 and below
    0%
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

since i started using quality media AND memorex-none. except for 2 sony's that had scratches right out of the spindle i wanted to burn anyway and see what would happen. they skipped alright. when i first started burning, 70% success rate, used optodisc, princo...yuck. brings back horrible memories
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

the 2 sony's would give you a 99 score
      no rounding up from 99
      100% must be pure

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

yeah well i made sure they were smashed good too can't even warranty the bastards, they want me to pay shipping! yeah right!
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• NightTran
          King of Digital Video
          King of Digital Video
          • Aug 2005

when I first start and burn with nero, I lost alot of blanks ( if that you mean by coasters), after I learn how to do rip with dvdd to hard drive, use shrink turn in to iso image and then burn with dvdd and lately imgburn I have not lost at all I mean the one I lost because I try to get to the very edge, one was freeze i guess I could say 98-99 percent with vertibal either R+ or R-, I lost two disc so far after burn to blanks with dvdd or imgburn
          sigpic

Comment

• geno888
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Dec 2005

I voted 99% because now I use only quality media, and the occasional coasters are due to a bad media in the box (can happen ) or to a strange experiment changing writing strategy on my firmwares .

When I first started to do burnings (with a liteon 811) I was totally noob, and my first 6 discs were all coasters (3 € for each disc ).

After a couple of days I discovered CDFreaks, and from then quality of my burnings was absolutely good, except for a couple of princo and other low quality media (at this time I was a noob trying to learn).

Anyway when I want to do a burning to keep (I repeat, except experiments) I use quality media and set all settings on my burners in optimal way for the media I use, so % of coasters is very very low.

Comment

• tigerman8u
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Aug 2003

In the past year I haven't had any coasters (learned to use good/compatible media). In the beginning lots of coasters due to non-compatible/cheap media.

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by tigerman8u
                In the past year I haven't had any coasters (learned to use good/compatible media). In the beginning lots of coasters due to non-compatible/cheap media.
                what's your burner and media?

Comment

• nwg
                  Left *****
                  • Jun 2003

I never had a coaster ever and started June 2003. I was lucky to find the best media straight away - Ricoh +R then Ritek -R G04. I only got 25 of the Ricoh's as they were £35 for 25 at the time. I now get 175 Riteks for the same price of the Ricoh's.

Comment

• darkbunglex
                    Pure
                    • Dec 2005

I cant handle bad media, it just erks me so i stick with Verbatim DVD-R. They're da best ive found n not too expensive. TDK used to have there disks made at the same factory that verbatim do but they changed to a cheaper one and da disk quality dropped. I still hav cheap spindle around for temp tv recordings tho..

Oh Ello evrybody! This is my first post! yay lol

Comment

• darkbunglex
                      Pure
                      • Dec 2005

Oh soz, i voted at da top.. I hav 100% success cept for 3 disks wen i got new burner n was given cheap media and tried to stick data files on em..

Comment

• christ93
                        • Aug 2004

I voted 99 since I started using Tayio Yuden. Damn, I wish I had discovered them sooner.

Comment

• geno888
                          Digital Video Master
                          Digital Video Master
                          • Dec 2005

I think that 100% is not an objective value, because there is always the possibility to create a coaster.

A box can contain a bad batch of media (I have a box of 25 RICOHJPNR03 brand Ricoh, about 1/3 of these discs give me very bad results and 3 coasters, but another box of these same discs of the same Ricoh brand and mediacode give me very good results).

Moreover, a power failure (remember: don't burn in stormy days ) during a burning can also create a coaster.

So that's impossible that anyone can obtain a 100% of success.

Comment

• soup
                            Just Trying To Help
                            • Nov 2005

I didn't vote because I have only been doing this since August but I am throwing out the learning curve.One single layer (I am still not sure it wasn't my fault.One dual layer Fuji Dvd+r (I think it was all about layer break).

Comment

• Chewy
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2003

Several members have a 100% success rate, as I would if I hadn't bought
                              them durn clone Yuden's, of course I define coaster as anything below
                              40-60QS. With my TY's G01,02 and03 out of 205 disks burned I had 205
                              non-coasters, including several tests overburned at 2x rated speed.
                              My ritek R04's alto not producing any coasters had several burns in the grey area below 60QS.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎