• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nickless
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Jun 2005

Media Deals - Week of 12/11

Just to let all know who are looking to stock up on their favorite media...

BestBuy is running a special of 50 SONY DVD +/- Rs for $14.99 after instant rebates through Saturday.

Also I found out last week that Sam's Club offers a spindle of 100 VERBATIM DVD +/- Rs for $38.00. To the best of my knowledge I believe this is all the time and not just a one week offer.

That's my shopping update for the week of the 11th - 17th!
  • Deep6
    • Dec 2003

I am about ready to start experimenting with Dual Layer DVD's (since I just purchased a Liteon DVD burner that supports DL DVD's). Any recommendations on trusted brands or good sales would be appreciated. The only ones I have seen so far were some high priced (3 Per) packages from Circuit City. The price still seemed a little steep for experimenting / DVD Movie Backups (currently using the DVDshrink method)!

Comment

• TNT
      DVD Shrinker
      • Jan 2004

Blu endorses Verbatim DL
      Beauty is in the eye of the Beer-Holder.
      I'm in shape. ROUND is a shape. - George Carlin

How to choose an HDTV, Step by Step

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

great deal on the sony's, i usually have to scrape up $19 for a 50.
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• dvs
          • Dec 2005

I like Sony and Maxell. I can usually find them around here for what works out to be under $15 for 50. Always happy to get 50 disc for under $15. Which brings me to Verbatrim. They are apparantly pretty good because Office Depot has a 50 pack this week for $12.99.
          Speaking of the DL, my burner has that. I wanted to make sure so as not to be obsolete right away. Lol. Anyway, I am always hearing staying away from Memorex dvd period, but especially the DL. Funny, all I see around here in DL is Memorex. Everyone has the three pack. I too wanted to experiment just for fun. Target had a three pack for like $12, but didn't get since they were Memorex.
          Anyway too, if you do not have a Best Buy, Staples do has the Sony's, but for a buck more.

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

I was just reading about the sony's in another forum this morning,
            seems the ones to get are the +R's made in japan, they are about as good as it gets, but the made in tawain don't quite compare.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎