Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wwszeto
    • Dec 2001

vcd playback problem

I have a strange problem with vcd playback. One of the vcd will always force windows media player to exit when the playback reaches a particular point (43:10). Any ideas why and how I could fix it?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Does the VCD play properly on a standalone DVD player?

Comment

• wwszeto
      • Dec 2001

vcd playback problem

I dont have access to a standalone dvd or vcd player. I tried using different software to play the vcd, but the playback will always stop (and cause the software play to exit) at a particular location. I can skip that location by fast forwarding and the vcd plays ok. I have copied the mpg file from the vcd and tried to fix it using mpeg corrector but no success. Any suggestions on how to fix the mpeg file?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Just my personal curiosity - Why create a VCD if you don't have a standalone player? Simply create an MPEG1 file.

You could try simply resaving the AVSEQ001.dat file as a "plain vanilla" MPEG1 (NOT MPEG1-VideoCD) file, using TMPGEnc as follows:

File>>MPEGTools>>Merge&Cut

Load your file
        Set the mode to "MPEG1 (Automatic)
        Save the file with a new filename

If TMPGEnc generates an error, post that information here

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• wwszeto
          • Dec 2001

vcd playback problem

I have used tmpgenc to merge&cut the file to a normal mpeg1 file. No error messages are reported, but the resulting file is 100mb less than the original file (350mb vs 450mb). The resulting file contains the first 36min of the 46min vcd. The location that causes software players to exit is at 43min. I guess the vcd itself is corrupted, causing tmpgenc to inexpectedly finish before the vcd file ends? Any other suggestions?

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Sure. Try using TMPGEnc's "Merge&Cut" to save the last part, starting just after the "stopping point" (36 minutes) you've noted. Then reset the start point to the beginning of the original file and set the end to just before the "stopping point" (36 minutes) that you previously noted. The join the two new MPEG1 files...

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎