X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • terrybogard21
    NEWB @ WORK
    • Dec 2005

NEWB 2 DVD World....Fireware Help

I am sorry first off for starting a thread on a subject I know has been creat4d, but I am new to this whole DVD - Craze and therefore i looked around and still dont understand much. I'm totally new and feel abit stupid that I know about motherboard and etc. problems but this DVD stuff is a whole other ball-park!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I can find modified fireware for the NEC ND - 3550A drive (is liggy and Dee's site the only one and if so, is that where I wanna download them from?).

I need to know what is the difference between bisetting and non-bisetting. I understand I need to update the 1.05 fireware, and i know about how to flash or at least understand what it is telling me, but is there a difference between the 1.Y4 firmware and the 1.05 bisetting fireware? Which one is the better of the two is what I am asking...

Also do I want the original or the RPC1 file, like I need to know the difference between the two!

Thank you for you're time in advance!

-Jumaane

p.s. Is there a reason why dvd shrink says "invalid or something unsupported image file" something of that nature! The software I was trying to burn was on a PATA IDE HD and not a SATA Drive.

I was wondering if someone could show me a thread on reading about image...iso and etc. I really need to grasp the concept of drives!
  • terrybogard21
    NEWB @ WORK
    • Dec 2005

N/M I just researched after researched and took a small leap of faith and figured it out on mine own! I love the simple 1Y4 firmware. thanks for well umm not replying back...

-Jumaane

Comment

Working...