Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Toshiba sd-r5372 unable to recover TOC

Question Toshiba sd-r5372 unable to recover TOC

I have been having this problem over and over again. Just got my drive back from 6 weeks of warranty work, ripped a few with Decrypter and then burned with Shrink.

Working with ER and it seems to be unable to find the TOC, yet I take the same disk and put it in my laptop dvd reader and it finds it right away... so I rip it and then have to send it on my network back so I can burn it with shrink... what gives? any ideas?

Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master

Hi fishinbuddy509,
    some drives have the TOC error can be fixed by updating their firmwares. Please check and download the newest firmware for your drive if needed:

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_result.php?kaj=1&isces

Regards

Please excuse my inexperience with all this I am Very New to DVD Recording and I am not sure what TOC is. I have been having trouble with my Toshiba SD-R5372 not recording all of the movie without scrambling the very end. I use I Copy DVDs 2 Standard Edition, and DVD43 decrypting software to make backup copies so I can preserve the original. After I experienced the problem I updated my DVD43 software to the latest edition thinking that may have been the problem. Now, when I decrypt the original (Step 1 in the process) and begin to burn the copy (Step 2 in the process) my drive does not recognize the DVD+R Disc (Memorex DVD+R 8X). Any suggestions? This is my first post! I hope I am in the correct area.
    Last edited by vandivd; 7 Jan 2006 at 08:20 PM

Not a god of digital video blutach's Avatar

What media are you using and what firmware? See link in my signature for how to find out.

Poor quality media often pixelates at the end. The solution is to buy better media or reduce the amount recorded on the DVD (to say 4300Mb)

You should also read and implement the Golden Rules of Burning.

Regards

Thread Information