X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alykhalil
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Apr 2005

Bingo !..done it..downloaded TMPGenc dvd author..and managed to make a DVD of the WMV files...a) i do not have a DVD player on my system to view the DVD (thought i have an external dvd drive) ? + b) i dont want nero showtime to be my default player...can i change it please ?...thank you

Comment

• benbryant
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Aug 2005

Hello alykhalil again,

You sure can. Please open the Windows Explorer or My Documents, on the toolbar, click Tools, press Folder Options, and then click the File Types tab. On the File Types, there is the list of the Register file types. There you scroll down to look for MPG for example, click to select it, and then press the "Advanced" button. You will see alist of actions for this file type: Open and'or Play. Click to select the Play and then press Edit. When the Editing Action for type dialog opens, you'll see the "Application used to perform action", click Browse, go to your favorite media player root directory, select its program EXE (For example: Mine is Media player Classic, so I go to C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic), and press OK when done. Next, edit the Open action too if needed. You can edit any other file types which you don't want Nero ShowTime to be the default player by doing those similar steps above. In the future, when you install Nero again, please don't choose automatic, go for optional installation so you know what you need for installing. Also, if you don't want any media player to take over the default action, while you are installing it, just unselect all the preferred actions for that player. You can download the free and good Media Player Classic from here:

Media Player Classic is an extremely light-weight media player for Windows. It looks just like the good-old Media Player v6.4, but has lots of nice extra features.

Regards
      Last edited by benbryant; 22 Dec 2005, 02:38 AM.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

in addition to benbryants sound advice, a great guide by the recently engaged and jumping for joy jmet
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• drfsupercenter
          NOT an online superstore
          • Oct 2005

You could also try Ulead Video Studio for burning - it opens WMV files just fine, and you can edit them too. You can make menus and such in it too. www.ulead.com to get a free 30-day trial.
          CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
          Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
          My DVD Collection

Comment

• alykhalil
            Platinum Member
            Platinum Member
            • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by benbryant
            Hello alykhalil again,

You sure can. Please open the Windows Explorer or My Documents, on the toolbar, click Tools, press Folder Options, and then click the File Types tab. On the File Types, there is the list of the Register file types. There you scroll down to look for MPG for example, click to select it, and then press the "Advanced" button. You will see alist of actions for this file type: Open and'or Play. Click to select the Play and then press Edit. When the Editing Action for type dialog opens, you'll see the "Application used to perform action", click Browse, go to your favorite media player root directory, select its program EXE (For example: Mine is Media player Classic, so I go to C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic), and press OK when done. Next, edit the Open action too if needed. You can edit any other file types which you don't want Nero ShowTime to be the default player by doing those similar steps above. In the future, when you install Nero again, please don't choose automatic, go for optional installation so you know what you need for installing. Also, if you don't want any media player to take over the default action, while you are installing it, just unselect all the preferred actions for that player. You can download the free and good Media Player Classic from here:

Media Player Classic is an extremely light-weight media player for Windows. It looks just like the good-old Media Player v6.4, but has lots of nice extra features.

Regards
            thank you for the detailed explaination....it does help..sorted it out...cheers..but now my nero 6 (upgraded) shows an error somewhat like this " DVD-video files reallocation failed. the dvd burnt may be unplayable blah blah.."...

Comment

• alykhalil
              Platinum Member
              Platinum Member
              • Apr 2005

thks all..that did help...any ideas about the error nero 6 (upgraded ) is showing...something like 2 dvd-video files reallocation failed..etc " cheers all

Comment

• jmet
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2002

"but now my nero 6 (upgraded) shows an error somewhat like this " DVD-video files reallocation failed. "
                Go here for the solution to that specific Nero error message: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...907#post238907

Comment

• alykhalil
                  Platinum Member
                  Platinum Member
                  • Apr 2005

cheers mate...will try it out...

Comment

• jmet
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2002

Good Luck!

Comment

• maggie_may84
                      • Apr 2008

Hi. This is the link you need to download TMPGEnc. You can buy it, or get a 30-day free trial. Good luck - hope iit works

TMPG,TMPGEnc,TMPG Inc., Pegasys,digital,encoder,decoder,DVD,MPEG,video,movies,movie,converter,DVD-Video,AVI

Comment

Working...