Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rsobers
    • Dec 2005

DVD won't play in standalone

Help! I'm trying to create a DVD slideshow for my parents for xmas and I'm having a problem. I'm using a program called MemoriesOnTV which promises the ability to burn your slideshow onto DVD and play it on your TV via your home DVD player.

I burned a copy of my slideshow video onto a Sony DVD-R using the MemoriesOnTV built-in burning program and it will not play in my Panasonic DVD player. I get an error on the player saying "NO PLAY." The DVD plays fine in my computer using WinDVD.

I tried burning a very small slideshow with just 3 slides and at first it didn't work either. I tried this again and it DID work. It seems to work sporadically for the small slideshow video...but I have yet to get it to work for the large slideshow video that I need to burn.

My question: what could cause one burned DVDs to play correctly in my Panasonic and another not to work especially considering I'm using the same media and the same burning program??

Are standalone DVD players THAT finicky? Is there a certain burning program I could download that tends to produce DVDs that work in a wide variety of stand alone players?

Thanks so much.
  • geno888
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Dec 2005

Welcome to the forum.

To answer to your question, yes: some standalone are really picky about media.

If your burner have this capability, try to burn a +R media setting booktype to ROM to improve compatibility.

Comment

• CrazyChad
      • Jan 2006

Originally Posted by geno888
      try to burn a +R media setting booktype to ROM to improve compatibility.
      I know about the DVD-R and DVD+R things.

Is this NERO Ultra program you referring ?

I have tried several times to burn as ROM but still don't know how to do it right ... will you give me step by step please ?

Thanks
      CrazyChad

Comment

• drfsupercenter
        NOT an online superstore
        • Oct 2005

Note that not all burners support booktype changing. But, I suggest ImgBurn for doing that (www.imgburn.com), and just click on the little book thing in the lower right-hand corner. Then, select your burner (they are sorted by brand - just pick the brand) and select DVD+R. Change it to DVD-ROM if it is not already selected. Then click OK. Then burn.

NOTE that ImgBurn only works with ISO files. To make an ISO using Nero, select "Nero Image Writer" as your burner, and specify where you want the ISO to go. Then, open that with ImgBurn. Now, you can do it in Nero, but I am not sure how.
        CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
        Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
        My DVD Collection

Comment

• CrazyChad
          • Jan 2006

Originally Posted by drfsupercenter
          To make an ISO using Nero, select "Nero Image Writer" as your burner, and specify where you want the ISO to go.
          I thought i just did what you asked me but I believe that I am doing something wrong now on the NERO's DVD-ROM (ISO) thing on NERO Ultra. ... because it showed 2 folders (OpenDVD & VIDEO_TS) on ImgBurn and not able to add those folders.

Will you teach me how can I get it right ?

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎