Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Norma828
    • Dec 2005

Disc Won't Burn

I have been ripping for a year now. My problem is after I back up a disc with DVD Shrink, the drive can no longer burn the movie on to a disc. It reads checking for disc even after I place a disc in the drive. I read a thread where this problem was presented already and have been trying to relocate it for two days to no avail. So can someone please help confront this problem or is my burner just dead?
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

you might try cleaning the drive with a LENS cleaning disc.

and/or

"One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Norma828
      • Dec 2005

Still won't burn.

Ok I upgraded my firmware and then tried to burn again. Initiatially it seemed to work and then splat. It is now telling me that I don't have appropriate DVD burning software. I have yet to try the lens cleaning disc because I haven't had the chance to run out and buy one.

Comment

• Cambion7
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Nov 2005

Originally Posted by Norma828
        Ok I upgraded my firmware and then tried to burn again. Initiatially it seemed to work and then splat. It is now telling me that I don't have appropriate DVD burning software. I have yet to try the lens cleaning disc because I haven't had the chance to run out and buy one.
        Just a thought, but is your DMA enabled? Cynthia has a guide that shows how to enable it in the event it's not.
        Like the info in these forums? Want to contribute? Click here to Register for Free!

"In space, nobody can hear you cha cha cha...."
        - Confidence

Comment

• Norma828
          • Dec 2005

Still trying

I am computer retarded and I don't understand why I am making changes through dvd decrypter if I am using dvd shrink? Yes, it is enabled.
          Last edited by Norma828; 30 Dec 2005, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎