X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dilama32
    • Dec 2005

Play video files as full screen transparent overlay

Hi,
    I’m searching for a media player or ‘driver’ to play video files (and/or streaming video) as a transparent overlay. Is there such program? It would be great to watch video files without having to switch between Windows, watch videos with an opacity for examp. 40% over the normal Windows environment.

Is there such program?

Regards,
    /Dilama
    Last edited by dilama32; 31 Dec 2005, 09:09 PM.
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

i doubt it. even if there was a way, PC performance would suffer greatly, as video and alpha-blending both require the services of your graphics card to run smoothly. one of them is going to suffer (and quite possibly both. transperancy and video rendering do not mix). anyway, how would you be able to click on anything? the video is always going to be on top!

using video as your PC's 'wallpaper' is quite possible though, that's the closest you could get. that or use the 'always on top' function of your media player and put it in the corner of the screen
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• dilama32
      • Dec 2005

Hi,
      thanX for your reply. I still think it’s possible: I saw it working in MCE in the last Vista build, but maybe this was possible due to the redesigned Vista graphic engine. The wallpaper trick is not enough for me, still using always on top while searching a transparent solution.
      thanX againt for taking time replying.

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

Originally Posted by dilama32
        I saw it working in MCE in the last Vista build, but maybe this was possible due to the redesigned Vista graphic engine
        very likely. avalon is a huge improvement
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎