X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IndianPrincess
    Wild~N~Crazy
    • Dec 2005

Burning a 2 hour movie to 120 min dvd

Hello all and HNY!! I was wondering how I could burn a movie that is more than to hours to a 120 min dvd. (EX Man on Fire) I reauth the movie to cut out the end credits and still the movie is to long. Any help is appreciated.

Hope everyone has a safe and healthy new year.
    IndianPrincess

Smile and the world smiles with you.
    sigpic
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

What format is the movie in? NeroVision can do this for AVI/MPEG files, and Nero Recode can do it for ISO/VOB files.
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• nwg
      Left *****
      • Jun 2003

The 120 minute limit is just for people with TV DVD Recorders. The 2 hour limit is from using SP (short play) mode when recording off the TV.

How long a film is that fits, depends on the bitrate. You should have no problem fitting up to four hours of DVD footage (with worse quality than the original)

It sounds like you are using Shrink/Nero Recode. If it doesn't quite fit. You can shrink twice.

Comment

• IndianPrincess
        Wild~N~Crazy
        • Dec 2005

I guess I won't worry about it then. I still want to have good quality backups.
        IndianPrincess

Smile and the world smiles with you.
        sigpic

Comment

• Demvang
          • Jan 2006

Should be mo more than 2 1/2 hrs.

I have Batman Begins (2h20 long, 66% shrink) & Kingdom of Heaven (2h24 long, 69% shrink). Both are still clear, of course only the movie with 1 audio track and subtitles.

Comment

• nwg
            Left *****
            • Jun 2003

The amount of time on a DVD is affected by different factors.

The smaller the TV/display, the more can be crammed on the disc without seeing artefacts.

Also, the original average bitrate is important. I have had many DVD's with 50% compression and last 2 and a half hours. The backup still looks good because the bitrate is still high. As long as the bitrate is good, the backup will still look good.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎