Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drfrank2002
    • Apr 2002

Crash at second pass

Hello. I am trying to convert in Flask v.6 2-pass with divx 5 pro. and this is my prob. I follow the instructions on the guide here for flask mpeg exactly. The first pass seems to run perfectly with no errors or anything. The vob that I am trying to encode says detected fps 23.9 and progresive and I configure flask accordingly. When the 2 pass 1st pass is finished I do this exactly: go to the configure codec in divx 5.0 and I choose 2 pass second pass and I hit OK I change nothing else. I'm using the log file I just created and I click flask it now. Now the computer starts going to the hard drive and flask says "encoding 0% and the little slash is spinning around but it never gets past 0% and I get a Visual C++ runtime error. I have tried several different movies and everytime I get the same exact error at the same exact spot. I even tried doing it without procesing audio and nothing. one-pass works fine but I am a HI-Fi junkie and that quality in one pass just won't do. Help. I'm about to give up and go buy a DVD burner. Thanks Frank
    By the way here is my setup.

P4 1.6GHz
    256 RDRAM
    Gainward Geforce 3 Ti 200 Golden Sample
    Samsung DVD
    yada yada yada
    Win XP Home
  • techno
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Nov 2001

r u out of hdd space? make sure there is plenty.

You never know, could be a bug in DIVX 5, upgrade to a newer version.

Personally, use DIVX 3.11alpha This is my opinion.

use nandub 2pass, quality is amazing!

Techno

Comment

• drfrank2002
      • Apr 2002

Ummm..I'm pretty sure Divx 5 Pro is the newest version. Divx 3.11 is the oldest version that wasn't even a real codec but a hack. I've tried it, it might even be faster than 4 but not enough quality. I encode ok with divx 4.21. I'd like to try out Xvid but not yet. I want to use the new divx codec. I have about 5 Gig free HDD space (including the VOB files) that's enough ain't it? Another question.. Does my Sound card have to do with the audio encoding. I have a soundblaster PCI (not live) and it sounds great so I havn't found the need to upgrade it. I'm encoding the second pass with divx 4.21 at like 800 something bitrate and it only goes around 8 FPS. what can I do to get it to go a bit faster?

Comment

• techno
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Nov 2001

Trust me, DIVX 3.11alpha is great!!!

Anyway:

I have the same soundcard as u then, soundblaster pci 128

but it is best to reduce the freq to 44100Hz because:

if left at 48000Hz, file size will be big
        It might crash on some players !SOMETIMES!
        won't play properly on some soundcards.

5GB should be plenty.

Really, I don't know why it is doing this.

Techno

my guide:

Comment

• Erci
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          • Nov 2001

You said that you like high quality divx and then you use Flask with DivX 5?
          If you would like better quality I would suggest that you use GordianKnot with nandubs SBC encoding. This will give you a lot better quality and in the same speed if not faster. Try it out.
          And btw just because a thing is older and/or hacked doesn't mean it's worse then the newer.

//Erci
          DVD Backup Guide

Comment

• drfrank2002
            • Apr 2002

Yep, it's definitely true. But I have tried out the 3.11 alfa and I don't like the quality. It worked fine but I think it was to blocky most of the time. I'm actually converting a movie in Gordian Knot right now I'm at 63 percent. I like it alot more than Flask. It gives you many more options. I was reading around the forums and some people were ranting and raving so I'm giving it a try. I'll let you know how I did. I couldn't get divx 5 to work with no movie.

Comment

• Enchanter
              Old member
              • Feb 2002

But I have tried out the 3.11 alfa and I don't like the quality.
              And was that done using Flask and hence 1-pass?

Comment

• Erci
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                • Nov 2001

Did you try DivX 3 with nadubs sbc encoding? if not try that I find it better then DivX 4 and 5. And I tried it out with some different movies. I have used Divx five in GKnot so it should work. Read the guide how to in Doom9 if you have problems doing it.

//Erci
                DVD Backup Guide

Comment

Working...