Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PlayStation 3, To Be or Not To Be?.....That is the question!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

PS3 Price Is High

According to Gamesindustry.biz, Sony's latest spec sheet for the PlayStation 3 points out more differences than merely the price between the company's $499 20GB version and $599 60GB version. The 20GB version is somewhat crippled in other ways besides storage space, as it lacks slots for memory sticks, SD or flash compact cards. Additionally, the cheaper version will not offer any Wi-Fi options or HDMI output.

The 60GB version has also trimmed down a bit, with only one HDMI port (instead of the two found on last year's prototype), one Ethernet port (versus the three originally shown), and four USB ports (six were originally planned).
    LINK

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• photo_angel2004
      Queen of Digital Video
      Queen of Digital Video
      • Jan 2004

Thats a lot of $$$$ LOL
      Once it comes out though play station 2 will come down even more in rice whichis good news.

We have playstation 1 and 2 thats good enough! LOL

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• laosoul
        • Jun 2005

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
        not sure what to make of it jmet, i bloody despise all video games!

an arcade on a beachfront ok, but all this xbox ps3,4 672 business is for the birds it's contributing to a lazy generation and obesity in young people IMO.
        true i have the same opinion

Comment

• floresdave
          results may vary
          • Mar 2006

I have a gamecube and a super nintendo and thats about all i think i will ever own. Mostly just for the kids in my family that visit from time to time, however i have been known to play from time to time.
          I would much rather invest in a faster PC than a game system that i will play twice and forget about. Super Nintendo has all the games i grew up (including some from NES) Gamecube has the wavebird wireless controllers which makes it much easier to play and not worry about trippping over. X box finally makes wireless controlers for 360, but before that you had to buy aftermarket off brands for ps2 and xbox. Gamecube still comes out with new releases, which is good to know in case i saw a game that i liked however that hasn't happened in some time.

Comment

• Aegmorgil
            • Nov 2005

Thought about buying a system, but I'd probably flunk out of college if I did. Last one I had was first gen Playstation, now destroyed. Still have an old NES around somewhere, though..

Comment

• TNT
              DVD Shrinker
              • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by photo_angel2004
              Thats a lot of $$$$ LOL
              Once it comes out though play station 2 will come down even more in rice whichis good news.

We have playstation 1 and 2 thats good enough! LOL
              1+2=3?

$600 may sound expensive, but if the cheapest bluray players are going to debut at $1000, then it's not a bad deal.
              Beauty is in the eye of the Beer-Holder.
              I'm in shape. ROUND is a shape. - George Carlin

How to choose an HDTV, Step by Step

Comment

• RFBurns
                To Infinity And Byond
                • May 2006

There is a company called Ageia Technologies Inc in Mountian View California that is in the process of creating a new processing chip called the PhysX processor, which is supposed to take away tons of CPU processing so that games are more realistic. For example, when you blow up a box in a game, normally the box just has the effect of exploding, but does not mimic real world scenarios like splintering, pieces flying everywhere etc. The PhysX chip is supposed to bring reality closer to the virtual reality, making games far more realistic than even the most complex CPU hungery games out today. The chip is being designed for both PC based systems and game console systems.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• johndoh453
                  Gold Member
                  Gold Member
                  • May 2006

I have no intention on even considering buying a PS3. the price is too high.

Comment

• SMEG
                    • Mar 2006

I have an xbox 360 it looks amazing on my 37" lcd hd tv and i am very happy with it having read a few mags from unofficial sources overall the xbox is supposed to be the better machine there will apparently be very few new games for the playstation 3 but alot of game remakes there are quite alot of pc games moving over to the xbox over the next twelve months and i cant wait to get my hands on halo 3 its the xbox 360 all the way for me

Comment

• BR7
                      • Aug 2005

alot of pc games moving over to the xbox over the next twelve months
                      Reason for that is because Xbox is basically a PC clone.As for the lack ps3 games they will have more down the line even Xbox360 didn't have that many games when it first came out.Here are up coming PS3 games
                      6GUN II
                      Avalon
                      Dark Sector
                      The Darkness
                      Devil May Cry 4
                      EA Sports Fight Night Round 3
                      Eyedentify
                      Fifth Phantom Saga
                      Final Fantasy PS3
                      Formula One PS3
                      The Getaway PS3
                      Heavenly Sword
                      I-8
                      Infraworld
                      Killing Day
                      Killzone PS3
                      Metal Gear Solid 4
                      Mobile Suit Gundam
                      MotorStorm
                      Ni-Oh
                      Omikron 2
                      Possession
                      Project Delta
                      ShadowClan
                      Tekken PS3
                      Vision GT
                      Warhawk PS3

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• lfcrule1972
                        Liverpool 'til I die......
                        • Nov 2003

Hey SMEG, you need to be careful of the pro 360 bias on some sites and the same on the Sony sites too. I personally think the PS3 will end up with stacks of games, most games imho are re-hashes anyway so don't think thats going to be an issue.

As was posted above I reckon £425 for a blu-ray player and next gen console aint too bad a deal. I won't be one of the first to buy one as I want to wait until modified versions are available.

My problem with the 360 is that it doesn't seem to be any great improvement over the user qualities of the X Box. My friends with X-Boxes running homebrew and various apps believe its still superior to the less mod friendly 360.....
                        "There will come a moment when you have the chance to do the right thing......"

"I Love those moments - I like to wave at them as they pass by...."

ImgBurn Support Forum

Stop !! Before you post read this !

cynthia is Queen of the smilies !

Comment

• BR7
                          • Aug 2005

Dont forget it will be backwards compatible with PS1 and PS2 games as well
                          And the PSP will play a big part lets say your playing football on your PS3 and you leave town now you dont have a choice but to use your PSP and you would like to have the stats and players that was on your PS3 you can use any high speed internet connection anywhere around the world and hook up to your PS3 and download the stats from it to your PSP
                          Last edited by BR7; 29 Jun 2006, 01:17 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• lfcrule1972
                            Liverpool 'til I die......
                            • Nov 2003

I know - the backward compatibility thing is one thing Sony do get right !
                            "There will come a moment when you have the chance to do the right thing......"

"I Love those moments - I like to wave at them as they pass by...."

ImgBurn Support Forum

Stop !! Before you post read this !

cynthia is Queen of the smilies !

Comment

• floresdave
                              results may vary
                              • Mar 2006

Originally Posted by BR7
                              Dont forget it will be backwards compatible with PS1 and PS2 games as well
                              And the PSP will play a big part lets say your playing football on your PS3 and you leave town now you dont have a choice but to use your PSP and you would like to have the stats and players that was on your PS3 you can use any high speed internet connection anywhere around the world and hook up to your PS3 and download the stats from it to your PSP
                              Video Game Rehab,it's time for an intervention.

Comment

• BR7
                                • Aug 2005

Video Game Rehab,it's time for an intervention.
                                Hey now don't rattle Br's cage he tends to get hostel

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎