Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

my good friend today said he saw king kong last week. i said how? he says his buddy bought it. i said hows that? turns out some east indian fella is selling screeners on blank dvd's, seems his son is doing all the work. hundreds to choose from--10 dollars a pop. very disturbing on many levels....
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• soup
      Just Trying To Help
      • Nov 2005

You know what gets me is that these theatres with everything overpriced wonder why they are losing money.Go figure.

As I set up our surround sound to my exact seating position on the couch.I guess I will stay home,snack & watch what I want when I want.

@LT I agree.

very disturbing on many levels....

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

Some of them are actual video cameras taking in to the theater, then taken home and put 16:9 flags on top and bottom of the video.

Comment

• techreactor
          Banned
          • Jul 2005

Piracy is a difficult thing to stop unless you make the movies available at cheaper and very very affordable rates.

Alternatively, the production houses can also make available digital media over the internet to view and burn directly to the burners, at a reasonable prices.

Anti-piracy laws are present in most countries, including India, china, pakistan but enforcement is not very strong and someone needs to drive it (production houses!!!)

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by jmet
            Some of them are actual video cameras taking in to the theater, then taken home and put 16:9 flags on top and bottom of the video.
            yes, he tells me he saw people walking on the bottom of the screen.
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• soup
              Just Trying To Help
              • Nov 2005

Maybe they should walk the plank but have the plank attached to a certain person's Falcon.

Comment

• rubber knob
                rubber knob
                • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by drfsupercenter
                Why? They have much better sound and video than my measly 27" TV with no surround whatsoever!
                The sound maybe, but the picture? I just went to the movies for the first time in many years and I thought the picture was crappy! blurry! not happy

I won't even get into the cost of it.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

IMO the quality has always been crappy with all those black hairs.
                  Columbo moments...

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                    NOT an online superstore
                    • Oct 2005

Are you going to Star Theaters? I hate that place... it sucks. I love the Birmingham Palladium theatre, it has great picture, leather seats, top of the line. I saw King Kong at Star, and was disappointed in the quality. But here we got the Palladium, that's the best of them all IMO. If only we were allowed cameras in there, I'd show you
                    Of course this is a joke.
                    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
                    My DVD Collection

Comment

• Love2Burn
                      • Feb 2006

"I like to lay back on my couch and watch a movie. I can pause it whenever I want for a snack break etc"

Amen to that, my sentiments exactly. You can buy a really great sounding surround system for dirt these days.

Comment

• TNT
                        DVD Shrinker
                        • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by drfsupercenter
                        Me, I like both. I like watching DVDs at home, but the quality will never compare to the surround and the big screens in the theater (thinks of Harry Potter in the IMAX, which he recently saw)
                        Obviously you've never seen a nice home theatre.
                        Beauty is in the eye of the Beer-Holder.
                        I'm in shape. ROUND is a shape. - George Carlin

How to choose an HDTV, Step by Step

Comment

• Zero G
                          Next to Arch Stanton
                          • Jan 2006

I'll take home theatre any day. No interruptions and my bar is just a couple sips away from the seating area.
                          "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• TNT
                            DVD Shrinker
                            • Jan 2004

Yeah no beer at theaters. That's a biggie for me. I've gone to the theater probably twice in the past two years. Reasons: Have a kid, need to pee during LOTR (Super Extended Director's All Encompassing We Put Everything We Filmed Into This Version), want decent food, want to rewind and find out what was just said, no crying babies, no loud talking people who've seen the movie before. No sticky floors, No Marge Simpsons sitting in front of you, No people getting up in the middle of the movie to spill food on you while they pass in front of you, Expensive, Cheaper to buy the DVD, Don't want to trek outside, No scratches or hairs on screen, and they have NO BEER!
                            Beauty is in the eye of the Beer-Holder.
                            I'm in shape. ROUND is a shape. - George Carlin

How to choose an HDTV, Step by Step

Comment

• Zero G
                              Next to Arch Stanton
                              • Jan 2006

Originally Posted by TNT
                              Yeah no beer at theaters. That's a biggie for me. I've gone to the theater probably twice in the past two years. Reasons: Have a kid, need to pee during LOTR (Super Extended Director's All Encompassing We Put Everything We Filmed Into This Version), want decent food, want to rewind and find out what was just said, no crying babies, no loud talking people who've seen the movie before. No sticky floors, No Marge Simpsons sitting in front of you, No people getting up in the middle of the movie to spill food on you while they pass in front of you, Expensive, Cheaper to buy the DVD, Don't want to trek outside, No scratches or hairs on screen, and they have NO BEER!
                              Ditto!
                              "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• NightbladeXX
                                Digital Putz
                                • Jan 2006

Enforcement is the problem in every country as I met a 16 yoa kid who works at a theater with a digital projector and he mans the projector and brings his laptop into work with him.

personally, i love gooing to the theater and watching a movie there. but i hate on how rude people are getting at them. local theater is starting to ban kids and adults and is considering making the main screen a 25 and older only screen, i told the manager to not make it a 25 and older but to starting chasing out the talkers and cell phone users. its bad when someone forgets to turn their ringer off but its absolutely offensive to answer the phone during a movie

nB

http://www.steelers.com/

AMD FX-62 @3.2GHz
                                2GB of Corsair XMS 4-4-4-12 @ 860 MHz soon to be 4GB
                                MSI K9N Diamond nForce 590 SLI
                                nVidia 8800 GTS 320 MB
                                650W PSU + 465W (external)
                                6 WD HD's 2x500, 2x320, 250, and 36GB Raptor + 200 External for Vista HP back ups
                                LG DVD+RW
                                Koolance EXOS Coolant System
                                Buffalo Link Station Live 500GB NAS
                                Dual Acer 2223's (22") Monitors
                                Antec 900 Case custom painted interior black w/ 4 120mm blue fans + 200mm top vent
                                Vista Home Premium 32 bit
                                Vista Ultimate 64 bit (new)
                                XP Professional 32 bit
                                Ubuntu 7.04

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍