X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RFBurns
    To Infinity And Byond
    • May 2006

Originally Posted by toomanycats
    A whole generation of people have grown up not knowing what mid-range is because of the compression of that frequency which occurs with CD audio.
    Sooooo true!!!! Along with the filtering and DA conversion circuits which also add to left out frequency ranges.

The sampling rate is insufficient at 48K, 98K is the minimum required to sample all the waveforms. Solid state amps are superior with the harmonic distorion but what about non-harmonic distorion? This is where tube amps are superior and sound real, not harsh.
    Tube still remains the king. Although there are some solid state devices that can come close to producing the raw power output levels that tubes will deliver, the solid state counterparts must be combined or daisy-chained in order to reach the level of output power and clarity of a single power tube.

IPOD's have the worst sound.
    The whole iPod thing puzzles me. Its a neat device, handy and convienient but anyone expecting high end performance as far as sound quality is concerned should really take a second look, or rather, a second hearing evaluation when compared to other sound devices. But perhaps sometime down the road as components get even smaller, there will be improvement for those.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• photo_angel2004
      Queen of Digital Video
      Queen of Digital Video
      • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by smkymntgrl
      There are a few drive-ins still around this area. One about 20 min away, one about an hour away. It's nice to go every now and then. They died out years ago but have started making a comeback in these parts. Now they charge by the carload, like $5, but back when I was a kid they charged per person. We'd hide a few people in the back of a pick up so we didn't have to pay so much! lol
      Bring along some lawnchairs some "beverages". It was a blast! The only problem back then was the sound sucked from those little speakers you hung on your window. Now you just tune it in on the radio and if you have a nice sound system in your car it's great!

our lucky all of our drivins are closed forever. They were fun though, crapy picture, crapy sound but still fun.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

the way i remember it, going to the drive-in wasn't exactly to see the movie if ya know what i mean
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• photo_angel2004
          Queen of Digital Video
          Queen of Digital Video
          • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
          the way i remember it, going to the drive-in wasn't exactly to see the movie if ya know what i mean
          cant imagine oh those were the day... the good old days!

Comment

• drfsupercenter
            NOT an online superstore
            • Oct 2005

The days that probably ended before I was born

And as far as computer audio goes, there is this thing called FLAC that provides lossless sound, I have downloaded a track in FLAC and it's like 900+kbps, sounds just as good as the CD.

And you don't always need to downsample on PCs, some have 2 channel audio too.
            CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
            Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
            My DVD Collection

Comment

• photo_angel2004
              Queen of Digital Video
              Queen of Digital Video
              • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by drfsupercenter
              The days that probably ended before I was born

And as far as computer audio goes, there is this thing called FLAC that provides lossless sound, I have downloaded a track in FLAC and it's like 900+kbps, sounds just as good as the CD.

And you don't always need to downsample on PCs, some have 2 channel audio too.
              No I dont think so.... the last drive in around here closed down about 4 years ago.

Comment

• toomanycats
                Digital Video Expert
                Digital Video Expert
                • Apr 2005

How good could sound be when your pushing it thru plastic?

Comment

• hello people
                  Gold Member
                  Gold Member
                  • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
                  me too. i'd love to see the day theatres are eliminated.
                  Movie makers aren't going to make films for home TV's...even if they are big screen TV's.

They need that massive cinema screen to match their egos or mind ego.

The purists wouldn't like your desire Columbo!
                  music

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                    Demigod of Digital Video
                    • Nov 2004

i like to say what i really think about that, but i'll bite my tongue out of respect of these forums. no offense intended to you though.
                    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                    Columbo moments...
                    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• floresdave
                      results may vary
                      • Mar 2006

Purists should be worried more about the quality of a films story as oppossed to the size of screen it's played on. This may be the first summer movie season i don't go to see one movie in theater. My wife trying to drag me to DA VINCI CODE, but movies are never as good as the book and would rather wait till it gets to the theater pub or better yet dvd. Might see superman,but wife has no interest in that so might also have to wait on that one. Look at what's out right now

Nacho Libre (Napoleon Dynamite2)
                      The Omen(remake)
                      THe Break up(Chick flick)
                      Xmen 3 (sequel)
                      garfield2(sequel, but i do love bill murray)
                      the inconvienent truth(doc on AL GORE does it get any more boring)
                      Fast and Furious go to Tokyo(or something like that)
                      Cars and
                      OVer the Hedge (Two cash cows sure to make money because of small kids)
                      The Lake House (95%chick flick 5% fan of NEO in the matrix demographic)

Think I'll avoid theatres this week.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                        Demigod of Digital Video
                        • Nov 2004

must almost totally agree. almost all 100% crap. jack black from king kong to nacho movies? the omen i'd like to see and break up too but not quite as much. the inconvenient truth for sure. the rest i'll try to never see. especially those blasted computer animated damn cartoons!
                        Columbo moments...

Comment

• toomanycats
                          Digital Video Expert
                          Digital Video Expert
                          • Apr 2005

Most of the movies out now are crap but even I have been proud of an especially large turd now and then.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                            Queen of Digital Video
                            Queen of Digital Video
                            • Jan 2004

The only time I go out to the theater is for my son. He loves the thrill of the HUGE screen. Other then that we dont do. DVD quality is better.

Comment

• toomanycats
                              Digital Video Expert
                              Digital Video Expert
                              • Apr 2005

You all need a projector. My Sanyo has served me well for the last four years. The new Sanyo Z4 is only $1599 with an extra bulb and screen included. I never go the theatre anymore but I watch more movies than I used to. I especially love watching older stuff like Spartacus, or Jeremiah Johnson etc. that can be purchased for $9.00 at Walmart. 80" inch screen at home is large enough that I don't miss the theatre at all, and it makes a DVD collection so much more fun and meaningful. It is a lot of money but if you have a family you'll find "movie nights" are quite nice.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                                Demigod of Digital Video
                                • Nov 2004

You all need a projector. .
                                i need a new pack of fruit of the looms first!
                                Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎