• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrinkOrDie
    It Was The Dog, I Swear!
    • Nov 2003

F1. Reason: No User (???)

Hi everyone. Correction: FW 1...

An extremely rare event has occured recently. Windows XP Home, specifically Internet Explorer 6 (all up to date as of this post) did something I have never seen before, and it left me scratching my head. It's quite strange that I have had this installation of XP since early 2002 and I thought that by this time I have seen everything and learned everything about it, including stuff I didn't want to know. This installation is still quite stable after years of use, in spite of my abusing it.

To get to the point, take a look at the screenshot. It shows a dialogue I have never seen before. It was easily reproduced by visiting the same website.

Since I am not a member of any Windows help forums (never needed it) I thought perhaps someone here might take a look at this picture and shed some light on this. What the heck is this? Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DrinkOrDie; 4 Jan 2006, 09:22 PM.
    My toy:

Custom Build PC Born on 03-08-08AMD Athlon64 X2 6400+ (3.21Ghz) (Black Edition) on overclock ready Asus M2R32-MVP Crossfire AMD chipset Mobo, 8-Channel HD Audio, Windows XP MCE, 2GB 800Mhz DDR2, 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 500GB SATA-II HardDisks X 4 in RAID 4 mode,(1.5 TB storage capacity + 500GB eSata external) Sony MultiRec DVD-RW, PCI-HDTV Tuner, SOYO Topaz S 24" Wide LCD 1920X1200
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

hit cancel and surf thru the bad front door, it's their glitch not yours

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

doesn't look like its a problem on your end, rather the website's

edit: damn you chewy!
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• DrinkOrDie
        It Was The Dog, I Swear!
        • Nov 2003

Thanks for your prompt reply. To clear things up, I didn't think it was really a "problem" in the first place. Chewy, I didn't have to hit "cancel" I was eventually sent ("surfed") through after 10 seconds, but of course, the dioalogue box remained until I hit cancel.

Basically I was just curious as to the meaning of the dialogue box. Everything Ive been able to find is vauge information referring to firewalls. I am running a firewall of course, but It's just that I've never seen that dialogue and was curious.

I guess it all started years ago when I asked myself "hey, what's that C:\ thingy for?"
        Last edited by DrinkOrDie; 4 Jan 2006, 10:09 PM.
        My toy:

Custom Build PC Born on 03-08-08AMD Athlon64 X2 6400+ (3.21Ghz) (Black Edition) on overclock ready Asus M2R32-MVP Crossfire AMD chipset Mobo, 8-Channel HD Audio, Windows XP MCE, 2GB 800Mhz DDR2, 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 500GB SATA-II HardDisks X 4 in RAID 4 mode,(1.5 TB storage capacity + 500GB eSata external) Sony MultiRec DVD-RW, PCI-HDTV Tuner, SOYO Topaz S 24" Wide LCD 1920X1200

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

I think it's log in for editing the web page?
          I have seen it with adobe online documents more frequently.

Comment

• DrinkOrDie
            It Was The Dog, I Swear!
            • Nov 2003

Oh well, ancient history. I haven't had that dialog in a very long time. Problem solved. tks everyone.
            My toy:

Comment

• blutach
              Not a god of digital video
              • Oct 2004

Now - that's follow up!

Regards
              Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
              [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• Kabuchan
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Apr 2006

I got that too just yesterday while doing some research. Figured it was probably a bad website to go to, so I just backed up and went a different route.
                That was Zen, this is Tao

My Gallery

Comment

Working...