Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blatch13
    • Jan 2006

Wedding Crashers

I've been reading here for a couple months. I've been backing up DVD's without many problems since blank media were $7 each. (3 years or so.)

I've run into a problem with Wedding Crashers R1. I used DVD shrink without any problems to create an ISO file of the main movie only. I then used the built in Nero feature of shrink to burn the disk to a Memorex DVD-R. I burn at 4X to avoid playback problems in my Panasonic standalone. This movie played back with great quality up until the 1 hour 5 minute mark. The DVD then skips to the 1 hour and 28 Minute mark. It does this everytime. It skips ahead on the computer as well using PowerDVD 6.0. On the computer however you can reverse the movie to view the missing segment between 1:05 and 1:28.

I thought my DVD recorder could use a firmware update. It is a pioneer 110D. It did in fact need an update, which I did. I tried to reburn the ISO file after updating the firmware with DVD Decrypter. The result was the same, skip at 1:05 right to 1:28.

This is the first time this has happened to me in three years and several hundred backups. I know my Memorex media sucks, but it has worked every other time. Do I need to re-encode the ISO? Is the problem within the original iso?

Thanks for any ideas. As I said I have a Pioneer 110D drive with 1.37 firmware update. Shrink, Decrypter ect all up-to-date.
  • NightTran
    King of Digital Video
    King of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

did you try fixvts before shrink?
    sigpic

Comment

• blatch13
      • Jan 2006

Originally Posted by NightTran
      did you try fixvts before shrink?
      No I didn't. I never have...

Comment

• cynthia
        Super Moderatress
        • Jan 2004

Could also try to use IfoEdit and do a GetVTS Sectors. You do need to rip the files first in file mode with DVD Decrypter. IfoEdit only works with files from your hard disk.

After that - import them into DVD Shrink and burn them. Should work.

You find how to do in the last part of this page:

Comment

• blatch13
          • Jan 2006

Can I rip the burned copy and apply IFOedit or should I start over using the original. I still have the ISO file on the HD, I could open that image and decrypt in file mode and then use IfoEdit and do a GetVTS Sectors.

Just wondering if the ISO I created orginally can be repaired or the whole process should be started over. If I have to start over, any ideas why this would have happened?

UPDATE: I tried the IfoEdit and do a GetVTS Sectors on the ISO file. No luck. It seems upon futher review of the missing 20 minutes, there is a ton of pixilation and artifacts, ect.

I'll have to check my original disk to see if it has a problem. I don't know what else could have caused this. Nobody else seems to have any difficulty with this title.
          Last edited by blatch13; 6 Jan 2006, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• cynthia
            Super Moderatress
            • Jan 2004

Most times you get this problem if the source don't need any shrinking. Don't know if your DVD needed any 'shrinking'.

I would do your project from start with a fresh rip with DVD Decrypter. But you could try to use the files from the burned disc and then burn the files after IfoEdit on an RW disc and see if that helped.

Comment

• blatch13
              • Jan 2006

Thanks for the help Cynthia. I'll start the project over tomorrow night as the burned copy seemingly can't be fixed.

UPDATE: The second try worked fine. Still a little puzzled over this one. I've made lots of backups in the past few years and hadn't seen on like this yet.

Again, thanks for the help.
              Last edited by blatch13; 8 Jan 2006, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎