X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ljs3000
    • Jan 2006

HELP - trouble backinp up DVDs...

Hello,

I'm having some problems lately backing up movies. I have an NEC ND-3500AG Dual Layer Drive that I've been using for quite some time with no problems (at least none that I have noticed much). I use DVD Decrypter v3.5.4.0 and CloneDVD2 v2.0.9.4 for backing up DVDs. I usually compress using CloneDVD2 making sure I keep the quality level high by cutting out the features I don't want.

I ran Wedding Crashers through Decrypter using File Read mode and all was fine, no errors. I used CloneDVD2 to burn and burned fine, no errors.

Got a little over half way through the movie and started pixelating. Tried another DVD player (I thought my old, old Panasonic may have been going South) and worked fine for a while, then at Chapter 19 near the end, started pixelating real bad and skipped, stopped, started, pixelating real bad the whole time. Popped out the DVD and put it in my PC in the DVD drive it was burned in and right about the point it was pixelating bad, it locked up my PC (was using PowerDVD for playback).

What the heck is going on? Is my burner going bad? Should I buy a new one? Is DVD Decrypter really not pulling all the copy protection out? I'm really stumped. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

LS
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

Hi and welcome to the forum, ljs3000!

Sounds more as a bad burn.

You could try to do a test in DVDInfoPro to see how good the burning was.

Comment

• ljs3000
      • Jan 2006

Thanks for your quick reply Cynthia. I will try the DVDInfoPro.

Do you think it could be crappy blank media too? I usually use Fujifilm DVD-R's and have good luck (no burn errors) and Verbatim. I used Verbatim on this burn and I have gotten more burn errors in the past with Verbatim.

Comment

• cynthia
        Super Moderatress
        • Jan 2004

Installed any new firmware lately? Perhaps a new one could solve it.

Comment

• ljs3000
          • Jan 2006

No, I haven't. I'll try and search for one.

Comment

• cynthia
            Super Moderatress
            • Jan 2004

Comment

• ljs3000
              • Jan 2006

Wow, that's really confusing to me. So many versions. Can't I just get the latest version from NEC?

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎