• Show
Clear All
  • dr_ml422
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2007

Originally Posted by Chewy
    google incd and directcd
    Will do and also hopefully understand this whole thing in ? and its link to trying to kill the services above in msconfig. clueless right now.
    SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• paglamon
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

kill the services above in msconfig.
      Well, I have only my Firewall(PCTools) and antivirus(Avira) enabled in msconfig. Never had any problem from that. However you must understand that there are a host of other services(Start/Run/services.msc) that load at startup. More about them and their configurations here:http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm
      sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• dr_ml422
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2007

blackviper is well noted. we just been baffled by what exactly the above services actually do. many different takes on it.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

[Click Here to Skip My Opening Drivel and Get to the Services]

a bit more user friendly

Comment

• dr_ml422
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2007

Thnx for the pull up on this topic w/the eldergeek link again. it's not a bad idea to cut out anything not really needed. like you suggested though it's mostly better served on an entry level computer w/lil ram n storage.

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

I have not seen a lot of benefit from removing a few services, it's all the other crap from bells and whistle programs that cripple a power user setup

It's not really hard drive space or ram related as much as just having too many running processes that cripples performance

Comment

• dr_ml422
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • May 2007

the more apps. together w/the bells and whistle proggies w/not enuff storage or enuff ram would cripple a system. there's no choice w/mce 2005 to try and kill everything you can and minimize proggies to ones you mostly use. the damn os on that is in gb's and doesn't even fit on a cd-rom.

I googled registry cleaners and 1 guy who used to edit pc magazine which i can't think of his name right now, but whom you might of heard of isn't convinced of them either on the basis that they all claim to optimize pc performance but they never provide any tests or proof. not to say they don't work but it was interesting to read. on the 1st 25 pages or so of about 25,000 entries not one backed it up w/any tests from research. you did mention this a while back. it's obvious that w/the deletion of files and proggies and everything else that it would eat up space, but he felt a few kb's here n there of deleted or missing dll's was not too a big deal.

Here he goes w/the link>http://www.edbott.com/weblog/?p=643
                Last edited by dr_ml422; 7 Sep 2008, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• tan106
                  • Feb 2012

The first visit, I am glad to join this forum. After a lot of exchanges..

Comment

• Mr_Robot
                    • Oct 2020

Has anybody used windows debloat,its on github? I found out about it after running across a video on youtube,from this guy . I went from 106 processes to 49. Its perty nifty.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎