X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • locoeng
    Who Farted?
    • Dec 2005

Ditto, I've got alot of burning apps on my PC too and use Nero almost exclusively and have no problems...I also use DVD Shrink when the urge hits me.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
    Walt Kelly

Comment

• michi90
      • Jul 2005

I wrote: "...(using identic AEC options)...".

Why gave locoeng to me (michi90) a link to a sticky, where cynthia wrote:
      "AEC options in Nero Recode 2

Introduction:

The following trick is posted by michi90 in the afterdawn.com forum....."

Some stickies are not invisible for me, but it seems for your eyes (even my name).

So locoeng did not respond to me at all (@ jmet).

I think it's better that both of you (locoeng and jmet) read what cynthia (and I) wrote before you give me a link to my own ideas.

Back to serious discussion:
      You can use Recode as long as it works for you (that's why I posted the registry changes to AEC 'maximum sharpness').
      But there is no advantage except speed.

jmet and locoeng you are not alone on this planet.
      Over- or undersizing and lost deepanalysis data with Recode however is a problem for many users around the world (independent if you both have the problems too or not - have you ever heard of the difference between frog perspective and eagle perspective ?).

And these problems don't exist for DVDShrink 3.2 users
      (not absolute, but relative to Recode).

Comment

• Foolishone67
        • May 2006

Hello,

Semi-Novice here. Have DVD Shrink, Have DVD Decrypter, just bought Nero 7 Ultra. Shrink has worked to "backup" my movies 95% of the time. For those that Shrink won't read, I've tried to use Decrypter, and still nothing. I'm trying to follow that step by step that jmet posted, but Decrypter & Shrink can't read some DVD's. And it's only certain ones. What am I doing wrong? Maybe some kind of settings, I don't know. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx

Comment

• jmet
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2002

Foolishone67, what is the exact error message you get and with what program are you getting it with?

Comment

• locoeng
            Who Farted?
            • Dec 2005

@foolishone

Give DVDFab Decrypter a try, it works in much the same way that DVD Decrypter does in file mode...then proceed with DVD Shrink as usual. If you are still getting an error message, you may need to use VobBlanker to correct the corrupt structure of the DVD due to copy protection.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
            Walt Kelly

Comment

• Foolishone67
              • May 2006

Hey Jmet, Shrink says "Invalid DVD Navigation Structure". Maybe I have an older version of Shrink? Mine is 3.2, is that the latest one? And Decrypter stops at a certain percentage and never follows through. Your thoughts?

And thanx, Loco. I've got the VOB Blanker now but not sure what to do with it exactly. Please let me know guys.

Thanx
              Last edited by Foolishone67; 26 May 2006, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• jmet
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2002

Chances are your have a "ARccOS" protected DVD. Neither DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter will work on it.

You will need to use the PSL2 method or DVDFab Decrypter first before you run DVD Shrink on it.

Here is the PSL2 method: http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=56831

(It looks intimidating but all your really doing it clicking the "Next" button. Just make sure you read the info boxes that pop up each time you hit the "Next" button. There is not a DVD currently out that the PSL2 method won't work on.)

If you really like "simplicity", then I would go with DVDFab Decrypter to rip first.

Comment

• locoeng
                  Who Farted?
                  • Dec 2005

To use VobBlanker, you need to get a successful rip. Once you have that you simply plug in the video_ts.ifo in as the source and create a new folder for your target and hit process. Once the program is finished doing it's thing use the new compliant files in DVD Shrink as usual and burn with your favorite app.

Walt Kelly

Comment

• Foolishone67
                    • May 2006

Sweet. Thanx, guys. Let's see what happens.

Well, it worked. The DVD Fab angle worked perfectly. Both the cases were Sony Pictures DVD's and both came out clean and without flaw. You guys are good.

Thanx again for all your help.

Comment

• jmet
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2002

Glad it worked out for you!

Comment

• locoeng
                        Who Farted?
                        • Dec 2005

Happy burning

Walt Kelly

Comment

• sampaguita
                          • May 2006

Nero Recode 2

Tried this one after ripping the movie using DVDFab. When I checked advance analysis, got a warning sound and my computer shuts down in the middle of the process. Then tried again, unchecked advance analysis, went to encoding; going find, reached 90% then a warning sound again, I paused then resume encoding, paused and resume again, finally finished successfully and able to burn it using my nero burning software. Question, why I can't use advance analysis and why I still have the problem of my computer shutting down, or getting this annoying warning sound? Do you have an answer for me? I used to just leave while DVD Shrink is doing its work, but ever since there are problematic dvds I have to sit down infront of the computer, till I can complete my task successfully. (Actually this is the first time after trying all the solutions I read and got from this forum).

Comment

• cynthia
                            Super Moderatress
                            • Jan 2004

Sounds as a heating problem. You could try to use the pause button and let the computer cold down for some minutes and then let it run some time and then do the same. If that works - then you know that the CPU is running to hot.

Comment

• jmet
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2002

cynthia is correct, sounds like a heat issue. Take the side of your case off before you run DVD Shrink. Leave the side off all the way thru the DVD Shrink process. See if your computer still shutsdown.

While the side of the case is off, take a can of compressed air (or even a small air compressor) and blow all the dirt and dust out. It can get really bad if you smoke around your PC.

Comment

• mescalero
                                • Jul 2006

Howdy People, can anyone tell me why it take Nero Recode 2 an hour plus to rip a movie. Recode came with Nero 6 that came with my Sony DVD Burner.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎