X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

check DMA
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• 9mmruger1
      • Oct 2005

@jmet, cynthia, and locoeng,

Is there a way to set recode to burn with imgburn's burn engine rather and nero's? (Similar to shrinks ability)

Comment

• locoeng
        Who Farted?
        • Dec 2005

I don't think so...you would have to have a way to point Recode to the other program.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
        Walt Kelly

Comment

• jmet
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2002

Nope..............Nero would have to modify the source code to allow that.

Comment

• blutach
            Not a god of digital video
            • Oct 2004

Output to hard disk and then open ImgBurn in build mode.

Regards
            Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
            [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• jmet
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2002

Thanks Blu!

Comment

• mc477
                • Oct 2006

cant find nero recode files on hard drive

I have nero 7, running windows 2000 pro, two hard drives labeled c & d. My c is used for all programs and d is primarily used for storage. I have been using nero to convert mpg & avi videos from the hard drive to burn on dvd. My problem is that after just a few jobs, my d drive has lost 80 percent of its capacity. I know this is due to the recode files nero creates, however I can't find them to delete. I have searched in "my computer", looked for large files, searched both drives with the keyword "nero" and can't find files nearly large enough to use up that much drive space. please help. email gpadog@yahoo.com thanks.

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

we would like to help but you were given a warning and your thread locked for your first post which refered to limewire files you were converting

Comment

• mc477
                    • Oct 2006

does that mean i have to leave the forum

Comment

• Chewy
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2003

no but you are on your own with this problem, don't ask about it again

this is a good forum, we have to be strict with our rules for everyone's sake

Comment

• mc477
                        • Oct 2006

ok i can understand that , but isnt ripping dvds illegal? i see all kinds of postsabout that. the videos i downloaded were (accordind to limewire) legal, from licenced sources. when installing the software you agree to only search for legal sources. just looking for an explanation.

Comment

• Chewy
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2003

unfortunately you didn't specify that in your original question, the majority of files downloaded from limewires are illegal shares, can you give an example of your legal downloads?

we only condone "fair use" backup of dvd's that you own, you have bought the rights to a movie for personal use and are just protecting your investment by making a copy to use.

Comment

• mc477
                            • Oct 2006

ok i didnt know that about dvds. and one example is adult sites giving free video previews. here is the wording. content filters:
                            You can tell limewire to filter files that copyright owners request not be shared. By enabling filtering, you are instructing LimeWire to confirm all files you download or share with a list of removed content.

Comment

• PhantomPhase
                              • Feb 2007

Can anyone tell me how to burn a movie using DVD Decrypter, and burn it in just such a way so that when I open the Video_TS folder in Nero Recode I get the following:
                              <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
                              Main Menu folder with the menu video file(s) as a sub
                              <o></o>
                              Main Movie folder with the Main Movie video file(s) as a sub
                              <o></o>
                              Extras folder with extra sub video file(s) as a sub.
                              <o></o>
                              When I open it in Nero Recode, I want the files the way they are in DVDShrink. I want to use recode to cut out the extras basically. Right now, after burning in DVD Decrypter I get the Video_TS file with just several video files of the movie. I have been doing this about a week but am still new to this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
                              <o></o>
                              Last edited by cynthia; 14 Feb 2007, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• soup
                                Just Trying To Help
                                • Nov 2005

Are you talking about burning to a blank disc or ripping a dvd to your hard drive? If you want to burn the video folder that is created by Nero Recode, then you can burn with ImgBurn & today is your lucky day because ImgBurn which is Dvd Decrypter's burn engine has just been updated again. You can use this guide.

Now if you want a tottaly free alternative: RipIt4Me which uses Dvd decrypter & Fixvts to rip to your hard drive, then dvd Shrink to make it fit on a single layer blank disc & create an ISO which you can also burn with ImgBurn, just like this link shows.
                                Last edited by soup; 14 Feb 2007, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎