X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PhantomPhase
    • Feb 2007

Originally Posted by soup
    Are you talking about burning to a blank disc or ripping a dvd to your hard drive? If you want to burn the video folder that is created by Nero Recode, then you can burn with ImgBurn & today is your lucky day because ImgBurn which is Dvd Decrypter's burn engine has just been updated again. You can use this guide.

Now if you want a tottaly free alternative: RipIt4Me which uses Dvd decrypter & Fixvts to rip to your hard drive, then dvd Shrink to make it fit on a single layer blank disc & create an ISO which you can also burn with ImgBurn, just like this link shows.
    I saw a page on Nero Recode here: http://www.doom9.org/mpg/recode2.htm

That's where I saw them open the film in Nero, and have Menu folder, Main Movie folder, and Extra's. I'll check out your recomendations as soon as a can.

Comment

• PhantomPhase
      • Feb 2007

Ok, for anyone else interested in this topic, I have figured it out. If you ever opened a DVD in DVDShrink and were frustrated at not being able to burn only the movie and menu, here is the solution:

You must use Nero Recode.

To open a DVD in Nero Recode, and to have the Menu folder, Main Movie folder, and Extras folder displayed (exactly as it is when you open a DVD in DVDShrink) - you must do the following:

Burn the movie to your hard drive using DVDDecrypter in read mode.

Use a tool like Daemon's or Alcohol to create a virtual drive on your computer. Basically it takes your ISO movie file and fools Recode into thinking it's coming from a non existent disk drive.

Open the video file in Recode and select which options you wish to include (say jus the main movie and the menu for instance). Any content like Extra Features you wish not to include can be disabled. And then burn the new files to your hard drive. DO NOT BURN DIRECTLY ONTO DVD DISK. IT WILL FAIL. I wasted 3 disks before I figured that out.

Then using Recode, select your new DVD files from your hard drive, and burn them to a blank DVD. It took several failed attempts but this method works.

Comment

• Figaro14
        • Jan 2007

Somehow I'm doing something wrong

I'm new at using Recode and so I thought I'd try following your steps but somehow I'm missing a step. I decided to keep it simple and simply recode a disk that was only slightly bigger than a 4.7 disk and was not encoded. Where do I get recorder to then burn the copy? Its recoding the files onto the hard drive and then it quits. I cant find the next step to have it burn the copy onto the blank.

Comment

• soup
          Just Trying To Help
          • Nov 2005

You should be able to burn the file that Recode made manually with Nero or I even think ImgBurn in build mode.

Comment

• locoeng
            Who Farted?
            • Dec 2005

Where do I get recorder to then burn the copy?
            As soup stated, you can burn manually or instead of choosing your HDD as your target select your burner in the drop down box and when Recode is finished your disc will start burning. Additionally Imgburn will handle Recodes output in build mode.

ImgBurn Build Mode, An Overview
            Open ImgBurn and choose Mode -> Build, or use the Ctrl+Alt+B option. This opens Build Mode and you will see this screen. From here, you can add/remove files or folders to your ISO. You can choose to type the folder location in the drop down box, or browse for files/folders via the icons on the...

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
            Walt Kelly

Comment

• Buck2u
              • May 2007

Hello:
              I've had some trouble with Nero Recode 2. I use DVD Decrypter and Nero Recode to back up DVDs. It seems that with the lastet version of Nero 6.6 I lose the capability of burning DVDs. If I uninstall the most recent version and revert to the previous version it seems to do fine. I noticed that the version of Recode is the same in both. After I burn the DVDs, which are reportd as being successful by recode they will neither play or am I able to view them in Explorer. I get a message like Windows does not recognize the format of the disk. Any idea what's going on here?
              When I'm having this problem DVD Shrink gives me the same problem.
              Of note this problem does not always occur right away but always after 2-3 successful burns.
              I've used all of the clean tools supplied by Nero before installing the latest version of Nero.
              Last edited by Buck2u; 31 May 2007, 06:06 AM.

Comment

• locoeng
                Who Farted?
                • Dec 2005

This problem doesnt have as much to do with Recode as it does with your ripping programs...and unfortunately we can't help you with the ripping part on this forum anymore.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
                Walt Kelly

Comment

• Buck2u
                  • May 2007

No problem, I guess I understand. I have to say this forum is great, I've learned a lot browsing the various threads.

Comment

• locoeng
                    Who Farted?
                    • Dec 2005

You just need a more up to date ripper, for the rest, there is still alot of valuable information available here.

Welcome to the forum.

Walt Kelly

Comment

• Buck2u
                      • May 2007

Hey Folks:

Considering installing DVDHDFab Decrypter. Anyone aware of problems after instllation, particularly with Nero.

Comment

• locoeng
                        Who Farted?
                        • Dec 2005

We can't help you with ripping programs.

Walt Kelly

Comment

• Buck2u
                          • May 2007

OK, now I'm a little confused about what I can and cannot ask. I asked the question because the above program was mentioned earlier in this same thread. Please clarify, I want to do this right.

Ahah! read the Admin post dated May 1st 2007. Should have read it earlier.
                          Last edited by Buck2u; 1 Jun 2007, 01:11 AM.

Comment

• locoeng
                            Who Farted?
                            • Dec 2005

No problem...the restrictions are all relatively new to all of us here. Happy burning.

Walt Kelly

Comment

• Lqdtrance
                              • Jun 2007

This is all usefull if your File/dvd is from the same region as you are. But if it is not then what do you do? Recode doesnt give you an option to choose a region. And Dvdshrink doesnt give you the option to burn Pal/NTSC. I used recode and my stand alone player wont play it due to the wrong region. And I used DVDSHRINK and the final dvd was in black and white and off center. I surely could use some help.

Comment

• blutach
                                Not a god of digital video
                                • Oct 2004

@Lqdtrance

Please do not hijack this thread nor cross post. You have another thread running with this query. I might also draw your attention to rule 19.

Regards
                                Last edited by blutach; 7 Jun 2007, 11:34 PM.
                                Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                                [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎