This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lqdtrance
    • Jun 2007

So, I cannot post a reply/question pertaining to Recode? on this Recode thread?

Comment

• blutach
      Not a god of digital video
      • Oct 2004

Not if it's a cross post (rule 11) or mentions DVD Shrink (rule 19).

Stick to your current thread and limit your backup discussion to Nero Recode or DVD Rebuilder please.

Regards
      Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
      [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• dr_ml422
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2007

nero recode:

hi fellas. i'd like to download the free version of nero recode from digital digest. which version should i go for since i see there're a couple you could download from the site? i've only used nero ultra six edition and never the recode so i don't have any point of reference in relation to it.
        SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

i'd like to download the free version of nero recode
          there's no such thing, ahead/nero is a for profit company

however they have a good update system, even if people have trouble using it

recode is part of the nero ultra package

the only thing we host is/was a particular update to nero burning rom 6

if nero 6 is already installed then you can update from this page

where it's already installed, it's part of nero digital

Comment

• dr_ml422
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2007

nero recode ce:

just got nero recode ce and not sure if it's what i was looking for. can i backup videos w/this w/out converting them to mpeg-4? it's not faster than you know whatshrnk)want to respect rule 19. if there's something i'm doing wrong or that i can do w/this version to just backup videos w/out converting, please help me out. i noticed when i put a dvd blank in the total time estimated was 70 mins. the above forementioned did it in about 27-30 mins. now i changed media and put in a blank cd-r and the estimate is 36 mins. i don't even know or have a ce device so maybe this isn't for me. also what's hdd?

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• locoeng
              Who Farted?
              • Dec 2005

This is a stripped down version of Recode that only encodes to Nero Digital. The default priority is set to low, you can change that to alter the time taken to encode.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
              Walt Kelly

Comment

• dr_ml422
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • May 2007

Originally Posted by locoeng
                This is a stripped down version of Recode that only encodes to Nero Digital. The default priority is set to low, you can change that to alter the time taken to encode.
                loco i don't even know what to use this mpeg-4 format with. where do i watch the videos if i recode them to mpeg-4? tried my dvd player but nothing happened. i'm lost. is this strictly for ipods n mobile phones, etc.etc.?

Comment

• jmet
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2002

Originally Posted by dr_ml422
                  is this strictly for ipods n mobile phones, etc.etc.?
                  Yes.....mp4 is not for stand alone DVD players.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • May 2007

thnx jmet. i'm new to most of the programs. would i b able to use nero recode w/a dvd stand alone player if i purchased the whole ultra edition? is the one that comes w/the ultra edition package include backup of dvd's to regular formats like you describe in this forum?

Comment

• jmet
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2002

dr_ml422 - Nero Recode only works for unencrypted (no copyright protection) DVD's. (Ex: Home Movies)

Comment

• Chewy
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2003

let me clarify something, afaik and my googling conforms there are no free versions of nero anything, never have, and never will be, softpedia links to either a hacked pirated version or just the demo part that you would be better off getting from ahead, the one and only official nero distributor

the best deal on nero is buy the right dvd burner and get the oem/express disk with it

if you want the full blown deluxe nero then there's a clearance on 7 right now
                        40$, half price

or for any current users with a valid serial number, including the one you got with a dvd burner, you can preorder nero 8 full for 50$
                        Last edited by Chewy; 17 Sep 2007, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• locoeng
                          Who Farted?
                          • Dec 2005

It should actually make a DVD compliant file...

Nero Recode description
                          Nero Recode is a state-of-the-art program for importing, recoding (or compressing) and burning DVD-Video
                          Nero Recode is a great application for importing, recoding (or compressing) and burning DVD-Video titles that are be too large to fit onto recordable or rewritable 4.7 GB DVD disks First, you import the complete contents of non-copy protected DVD-Video discs or DVD-Video file structures from your harddrive.

After the DVD title is scanned and analyzed you can select the video, audio and subtitle content that you really want to keep, control the
                          quality of the video content that needs to be recoded, and even add your own data files.

Then you can recode and burn a new DVD-Video to DVD disc, DVD image file or hard drive folder in one easy step. The recoded DVD will keep the menu navigation of the source DVD-Video for that perfect look and feel.

Here are some key features of "Nero Recode":

· New improved Nero Digital profiles for improved Consumer Electronic compatibility
                          · Support for transcoding video files to Nero Digital has been added (AVI, AVS, MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4, MOV, VOB, WMV)
                          · In one comparison, Nero Recode 2.1 was well ahead of the competition and was unquestionably the fastest 9-to-5 DVD copying application*.
                          · Decoding support for Video Codec H.264/AVC, suited for HD material storage (1920×1080 pixel interlaced) with comparable low bit rates (8 MBit/s)
                          ...but I'm beginning to think this is a wild goose chase. It appears to be false advertising by softpedia and I won't be recommending this one again.
                          Last edited by locoeng; 17 Sep 2007, 09:41 AM.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
                          Walt Kelly

Comment

• Chewy
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2003

Comment

• locoeng
                              Who Farted?
                              • Dec 2005

I"m not getting the wookie joke.

jmet...good to see you BTW.
                              Last edited by locoeng; 17 Sep 2007, 09:54 AM.

Walt Kelly

Comment

• Chewy
                                Super Moderator
                                • Nov 2003

As of April 2007, it is one of the top 500 websites

Owner Catalin Garmacea & Bogdan Gheorghe

Available language(s) English & Romanian

The site was originally known as Softnews.ro

Romania is a little lax on enforcing copyright laws

who's joking?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎