X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

someone mentioned they used the oem version? I haven't?

Comment

• dr_ml422
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2007

chewy that problem i had w/burning a certain source was solved. i just lowered the speed on my sata lite-on to 4x and bam; smooth burning.

as far as nero anything i solved that too. i uninstalled it. gone.

you did give me that link to the nero essential that comes w/the burners though remember. it was an oem version also. bottom line i'm not messing w/it just for today. it had issues on every single version so far.
      SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

i uninstalled it. gone.
        not unless you use the clean tool

to use nero you need to run the clean tool first if you have ever had any version of nero installed

then after installing you have to update since the cd is always out of date

nero takes a lot of tender loving care

the latest versions are resource hogs(ultrabuffer)

nero showtime is unmatched in a player for my uses(avi's)
        vision is just so so, if I have to have menus then it's nice

burning video dvd's and data cd's it's good, making an audio compilation from mp3's is
        it's strongest point

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

it had issues
          at this point in time it's evident that your computer is having issues accross the board with a lot of software, what I would reccomend is returning it to factory default setup after backing up all data, then cleaning up all the dell crap(killing it with special uninstallers/sonic etc) then applying driver updates from dell for your hardware, then critical windows updates, then optimizing your computer to run lean and mean

I never could really fix a machine any other way, just a waste of time

Comment

• dr_ml422
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2007

Originally Posted by Chewy
            at this point in time it's evident that your computer is having issues accross the board with a lot of software, what I would reccomend is returning it to factory default setup after backing up all data, then cleaning up all the dell crap(killing it with special uninstallers/sonic etc) then applying driver updates from dell for your hardware, then critical windows updates, then optimizing your computer to run lean and mean

I never could really fix a machine any other way, just a waste of time
            i just finished redoing my whole pc about 2 weeks ago. dell stripped it down to nothing and i had to install the windows software cd and some other cd that came w/it. i had a virus so best thing was to get rid of everything and start from scratch.

i might just do this factory default suggestion just to be on the safe side, but everything's pretty much ok.

i put in avast, zonealarm, spybot. dvd2one trial version was acting up, but that was do to some sevice i disabled that prevented it from working properly.

i also just checked it w/a dell tech who used belarc advisor to make sure everything i had was installed properly.

those special uninstallers your talking about i'm interested in. can you help me w/those so i could finish off whatever's lingering around if anything? remember i also installed ccleaner and been using it daily like ed suggested.
            SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

use imgburn and post the filter driver load order and we'll see if the dell burning stuff was removed

or

Comment

• rugbyleague
                • Nov 2007

hey guys with my nero recode it just says ..

Recode Dvds and videos to nero digital
                Recode Main Movie to Nero Digital

why does it only hav those two options?
                i want to recode it to a dvd to back it up and to fit a target size of 4.7

thansk guys

Comment

• tonyboy9
                  • Aug 2005

I have used Nero Recode 2 successfully for several years now, as part of Nero 6.6.

Lately using Nero Show Time to play back, I am getting jerky video and bad audio.

Nero tech support advised this is a "filter" problem, told me to change program files/common files/ahead to "ahead2", use the general cleaning tool Nero provided to uninstall all Nero 6.6 files, then re-install the Nero 6.6 update, delete "ahead2".

I performed all these steps, the Show Time play back did not improve, I asked Nero tech support to respond, they have not.

Can anyone help with this Nero "filter" problem?

tonyboy9

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

not sure what helped showtime with my setup but i am running the latest package 2
                    NVE-3.1.0.25.exe (37 MB)

I also went to media player 10 for windows and I use ffdshow as the directshow codec package

not sure which does what exactly but they work now, they didn't before

FFDShow 1.3.4534 x64 : FFDShow is a powerful codec pack that enhances your multimedia experience by providing support for a wide range of audio and video formats.

and this is assuming your computer has the "muscle" to play files right

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎