Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Worze
    • Apr 2002

DivX codec problem!

Hi i have tried to follow the guides at www.divx-digest.com for both Xmpeg and Flask, and it works fine until i get to, the step where i have to chose which codes i wan't to use... I can't chose DivX of some reason! It SUX And i can only chose mpeg 3 layer in Xmpeg at a bit rate of 56/kbits!

I have installed divx 5.01 normal release
    Im running WinXP and i got a:
    asus a7m266
    1400 mhz thunderbird
    512 ddr ram
    64mb gforce2 gts

Dunno if u needs to know more to sollow my problem
    Thx Ya!
  • techno
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2001

Have you tried to re-install the codec?

Have you tried a different codec (eg, DIVX 3.11alpha)?

Have you tried a different encoder?

Techno

Comment

• Worze
      • Apr 2002

I have tried to install both divx pro with ads and the normal version, but i havn't tried the 4.11 or 3.11 or others! What would u guys recommend to try of codecs? I have only tried to use Flask and Xmpeg, i think xmpeg is the best one...!?

Comment

• techno
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Nov 2001

Well, I would recommend DIVX 3.11alpha.

Encoders:

Vidomi
        Nandub

Techno

Comment

• Erci
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          • Nov 2001

I would also recommend DivX3.11 with but not with Xmpeg or Flask. Use GordianKnot with nandub instead. You'll get a better quality.
          About the sound. Try to uninstall and then reinstall Radium. But not anything that comes with a package. Just take the lonely file and install it.

//Erci
          DVD Backup Guide

Comment

• Worze
            • Apr 2002

Radium?
            Is the encoding tools yo talkin about as easy to use as the other ones?

Comment

• Enchanter
              Old member
              • Feb 2002

I would recommend that you process the audio separately using, for example, graphedit or vob2audio (to get .wav audio) and then converting to MP3 track using, for example, LAME. After that, you can just mux the audio together with the video using virtual/nandub.

Let's take an example where you have finished encoding your video using Flask (or whatever else that suits your taste). You also have got the MP3 audio track of the movie, that you obtained using the above method. Now we will interleave it using nandub (it does not complain about the MP3 track):

1. Open video in nandub
              2. Set both the video and audio tabs to Direct Stream Copy
              3. Under audio tab, select your MP3 track.
              4. Under the same tab, go to interleave option. In most cases, you really needn't change any of the options, but you will have to look into these if your final interleaved file has audio synch. problem. The settings should be clear enough to you, right?
              5. Save as AVI and give a name to it.

Be warned that it is preferred that the video and audio have the same play length and, more importantly, framerate. Flask has the ability to parse multi-angle DVDs and hence, the video length may vary from the audio you obtained.

Just a precautionary warning.
              Last edited by Enchanter; 19 Apr 2002, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• Enchanter
                Old member
                • Feb 2002

May I add that you uninstall Radium before trying out LAME. khp previously suggested the same because of some undesirable problems with having these two MP3 codecs installed under the same system.

I am personally a LAME user and have no Radium codec installed under my system. If it works and gives satisfying quality, I have no need for anything else.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎