Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gannman
    • Feb 2006

worked fine for months then slowed

I have used this for a few months to back up kids dvds and haven't had any probs until today. It's analyzing at 200kb/sec so what should take a minute or so is taking ten to twelve. If I wait through that then when I hit back up I'm looking at hours. When backing up I looked at my processes and anytime shrink is working, explorer comes on and takes up most of the cpu. Any idea what may have changed? lisa
  • benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

Hi gannman,

Sound as if you are having DMA problem. Please go to the link below, check and compare with your system, and fix it if needed:

Regards

Comment

• gannman
      • Feb 2006

I went into that and deintalled, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted, and am still having same prob. primary device 0 and 1 say ultra dma mode 4. secondary device0 says pio even though i did the de and re install. device 1 says ultra dma mode 2
      Last edited by gannman; 6 Feb 2006, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• rubber knob
        rubber knob
        • Feb 2006

try a disk defrag

Comment

• benbryant
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Aug 2005

Download the file from the link below and try the section "Re-enable DMA using Registry Editor". This registry fix to stop the system from reverting back to PIO mode:

DMA Reverts to PIO.pdf

Regards

Comment

• Chizzmo
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Nov 2005

I'd try what Rubber Knos is saying. First right click on Internet explorer, delete cookies, delete all off line content, clean history. Then do a disk clean on your C:\ Drive and then reboot do a defrag. You should do this once a week to keep things running at optimum efficiency.
            Chizzmo

Cheers

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎