Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kangaxx
    • Apr 2002

Conversion Problem - The .avi chrashes my system

I used FlaskMPEG594, normal and Intel-Version, to convert movies. DivX 3.11 Alpha and Radeum MP3 Codec are in use. The conversion works gr8t....but when I click on the .avi, the preview chrashes the explorer.exe
    If I open it in ThePlaya or MPlayer they chrash.

DivFix 1.07 doesn't find any errors, VirtualDUB can open the videofile without reporting errors. Its the second part of the movie, the first one works fine.

Any ideas how to get round this problem?

Greez,
    Kangaxx
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Disable your audio processing or process the audio into uncompressed PCM .wav. I'm sure you won't find any more problems there.

For the first suggestion, the audio can be processed separately and then muxed together with the video using virtual/nandub. Graphedit or vob2audio will extract the audio into .wav file and you can then create the MP3 track by sending in the .wav file into an MP3 encoder, like LAME.

For the other suggestion, just open the processed video (from Flask) in Virtualdub. Set Video to Direct Stream Copy and audio to Full Mode Processing. Under the audio tab, open compression and select the MP3 codec and the corresponding bitrate. Save as AVI and give a name to the new file.

Comment

• Kangaxx
      • Apr 2002

looks like its the sound....
      VirtualDUB showed me that I have exactly 24 Bytes Sound in the whole avi

THX
      Last edited by Kangaxx; 19 Apr 2002, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

The problem is one that many and I myself have experienced before. Following the methods I outlined earlier should solve your audio problem.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎