Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HavingProblems
    • Feb 2006

Nero InfoTool problem

I hope I am posting this in the correct forum. I've been having some problems burning DVD's with Nero 6, and have been trying to use the InfoTool for a diagnosis. The InfoTool will begin running, but will quit midway, and then I get a dialog box stating that the "Nero InfoTool MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." At that point, it gives me an option to send an error report to Microsoft if I would like. Can anyone tell me what's going on? Thanks in advance for any help.
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

Is it the new version that came with the 6.6.1.4 update?

Comment

• HavingProblems
      • Feb 2006

I believe it is. I updated my Nero 6 Ultra a couple days ago, and am using 6.6.1.4. I also downloaded InfoTool from the Nero website, and tried running the .exe file, but I still get the same result. I'm not sure how to find out what version of InfoTool I have.

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

here's the version I downloaded

Nero Platinum - 7 programmes en une suite ! ✓ Montage vidéo ✓ Streaming ✓ Sécurité des données ✓ Conversion ✓ Gravure ✓ Radio mondiale ► Plus d'informations

1/19/2005 should be safe, actually I let it replace in the tookit folder in nero

Comment

• HavingProblems
          • Feb 2006

Thank you for the link. I am at work right now, but will give it a try when I get home.

Comment

• HavingProblems
            • Feb 2006

Thought I'd let you know that I tried the download, but it's the same one I've been trying to use...same error message. I did hear from Nero about my burning problems, and they advise a clean install. I'll do that, and let you know how it turns out. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

• HavingProblems
              • Feb 2006

I followed the directions Nero sent me regarding using the Clean Tool, and then downloading and installing the Nero 6 Reload. I still get the same error message of:

SEH EXCEPTION (0xC0000005: ACCESS_VIOLATION) was raised in NEROMEDIACON.DLL at RVA 0x0000DBA3

ERROR
              20:19:46] DVDEngine cause: 128 (nmc_processing_exception
              20:19:46] DVDEngine source: DEGuardNMCConversion
              20:19:46] DVDEngine description: SEH EXCEPTION caught during INeroMediaConverter:oConversion

and I still cannot run the InfoTool. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. TIA...
              Last edited by HavingProblems; 10 Feb 2006, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...