Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buster
    • Nov 2001

Real newby question

Is it possible to capture in DVD quality directly from digital TV, and then burn it on a medium that will allow playback in DVD quality?

What are my options? What I really want to do is replace my old VHS recorder with a digital alternative... and start collecting DVDs instead of VHS cassettes.

Buster.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

check your pm!

Comment

• Timxx
      • Nov 2001

Hello Buster:
      I noticed that you are posting from Germany, so I don't know if this will help you. From what you are asking, you need to purchase a DVD burner. I've been watching the development of this Format (DVD+RW), and I believe this will be the way to go in the future. HP makes a Writer but I don't know if it is available in Germany. The link to information about the Writer is:

ExtremeTech is the Web's top destination for news and analysis of emerging science and technology trends, and important software, hardware, and gadgets.

Good luck to ya..... Don't mind the icon, I thought it looked cool >>

Comment

• PegasuS
        Pegasus@iRiS
        • Nov 2001

well i think this is a too expensive solution for the moment. You 'd better keep ur vhs and wait a few months... DVD recorder prices will decrease ... remember when first cd recorders were available, they were 10 times more expensive than today ...

Comment

• Timxx
          • Nov 2001

Yes I think you are right about that Pegasus.... DVD recorders are too expensive right now..... But I think that is the only alternative, that Buster has right now.... Or he can try the VCD or SVCD route... Very Complicated!!!!!

I like these Smilies.....

Comment

• PegasuS
            Pegasus@iRiS
            • Nov 2001

hum SVCD solution is the best for the moment ... but u can try DVD-R solution if can afford it ...

Comment

• Fruitmaker
              • Nov 2001

Another posibility would be to buy an embedded PC-System, which boots in about 30 sek. If you make your movies DivX you can configure these system to autoplay the files which r on a CD.
              All you need is an embedded PC and a DVD-Rom. If your keen, you integrate it in a small DVD-Player-Case (its hard, but possible!)

have fun (the costs r a bit lower than buying a dvd-writer)

not very usual, but cool if you got it!

have fun
              There is always a way u can handle it...

Comment

Working...