• Feb 2006

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
    you won't find it here

You're right LT..........The lunatics definitely run this asylum!!!! LOL
    MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
    Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
    ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
    XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
    Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
    Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
    *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
    *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• BR7
      He is coming to your little town!
      • Aug 2005

so thats why we get all these Raiders fans here j/k mbk

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• MikeyBK
        Digital Video Maniac
        • Feb 2006

OHHHHH, I see how it is!!!!!! Kick a man while he's down, eh?!?!

Raiders 'Til Death!!!!!

Which might not be too far off the way they're playin!!
        MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
        Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
        ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
        Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
        XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
        Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
        Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
        *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
        *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• jm1647
          An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
          • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by BR7
          I have to agree with TastyNutz I have been with NF for a long time and I average 6-8 DVD's a week I think it all depends where you live

@BR7 - your doing great on the 3@time plan!!! I agree all depends on your mailman and the local post office. And of course the NF center you return to, they acknowledge each center only processes so many movies a day out and mine is in Philly so it could be real busy there

6-8 movies a week is good and are no problem to watch, 12 - 16 hrs a week for movies ain't nothing with the crap on TV these days

Comment

• mauro3
            • Nov 2005

are these two brothers..??

Comment

• BR7
              He is coming to your little town!
              • Aug 2005

Another thing to keep an eye on if you have Netflix is double billing this has happened to me twice now the first time they upgraded my 3 @ a time to 4 @ a time at no extra charge this time I got a free month. If you see two charges from netflix in the same month on your statement something is rotten in Denmark and give them a call they will deny it at first just keep insisting they are wrong and make them look eventually they will find it,it took them 10min to find their error and to get my card refunded.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• wheelchairman36
                • Mar 2006

me and 2 friends have been using netflix for almost a year and yes they do one thing that was said about when returning 3 (in my case 4) at a time that seems like either takes longer for them all to get there or 2 will and others take up to a week later. But for the most part I haven't had many troubles with the returns and I rent lots like I sais I get 4 atatime.

Comment

• mont
                  • Feb 2005

I have been NF for over a year and the service is good. I live in MD, so I guess I am close to where they ship from. I have a 7 rental plan, and I am currently getting 14 rentals a week. The only problem that I am having is they stop sending me what's next in my que ( mainly the new release ). I know NF know what they are doing because every times I contact them, they start to send the movies as they are qued. The only other problem I have ever had with my rentals is the post office I use to return them at, were watching the movies, and then returning them a week later.

Comment

• dvdmaker1k
                    • Sep 2006

Well sorry to bust everyone's bubble here , but BLOCKBUSTER def. has netflixy beat. E.G. As of November 21st 2006, next month, Blockbuster online rental will be merged/ linked with any/ every blockbuster LOCAL store.

This means that instead of redundantly making post office trips etc.. to send off movies you can just simply get your movie scanned at any blockbuster store. Once the movies you are returning have been scanned, it will automatically be submitted as movie returned and you have folllowing movie titles from your online list to ship out ASAp.

Sweeet!

Comment

• jm1647
                      • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by dvdmaker1k
                      This means that instead of redundantly making post office trips etc.. to send off movies you can just simply get your movie scanned at any blockbuster store. Once the movies you are returning have been scanned, it will automatically be submitted as movie returned and you have folllowing movie titles from your online list to ship out ASAp.

Sweeet!
                      And from what I read walk outta the store with DVD's also, equal to the # of DVD's you just returned

Comment

• Figaro14
                        • Jan 2007

I'm a Netflix member too. I'm curious if you've read the "fine print" in their online agreement. Not only do they not process on Saturdays or Sundays, and "throttle you down" if you are returning DVD's too quickly, they also state in the agreement that they only process a limited number of returns in a given day -- regardless of whether your DVD was returned that day or not. Once they go past the (unstated max) quota. They stop, and process the rest on the next business day.

One piece of advice I'd give you. They do have a "secret" phone number and if your turn around time seems to be excessive, I'd call them on the phone and complain. You won't get anywhere via email but they will talk to you on the phone. I was receiving my DVDs very quickly but it was taking them a week to process the returned ones. Once I complained via phone, the problem magically disappeared.

Comment

• jm1647
                          • Apr 2005

Seems since the BB Total Access started NF had magically started shipping quickly. See my shipping for February http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...&postcount=424

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                            Queen of Digital Video
                            Queen of Digital Video
                            • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by mauro3
                            Interesting link:

It seems if you pay for a full year in full at once you get a better deal then NF or BB TA, but thats $177.00 up front and how good are they?

Anyone ever use them?

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• Metrock
                              Gold Member
                              Gold Member
                              • Feb 2007

i used netflix for a lil bit and i had over a 100 movies in my queue and about 3/4 of them had a wait and if you didnt get the new releases shipped on the day they come out then good luck getting them 5 years downthe road. Then all a sudden the retards cancel my account for no reason one week into my billing period, so i keep the dvds i had just got and told them i did not get them. I wrote them up about them canceling my account for no reason when i had already paid for the month so about 2 weeks later they refund me for that month. Now i have switched over to blockbuster and i added my over 100 movie to my queue there and only about 3 or of them have a wait and the new releases dont go out of stock for me when they first come out. sometimes the shipping may take a day extra longer but i always report my dvds as i have already returned them the day after my est. shipping date so they will send me dvds quicker and plus i can just take the mailers into the store and get free rentals for them so i like it better

Comment

• jm1647
                                • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by Metrock
                                i used netflix for a lil bit and i had over a 100 movies in my queue and about 3/4 of them had a wait and if you didnt get the new releases shipped on the day they come out then good luck getting them 5 years downthe road. Then all a sudden the retards cancel my account for no reason one week into my billing period, so i keep the dvds i had just got and told them i did not get them. I wrote them up about them canceling my account for no reason when i had already paid for the month so about 2 weeks later they refund me for that month. Now i have switched over to blockbuster and i added my over 100 movie to my queue there and only about 3 or of them have a wait and the new releases dont go out of stock for me when they first come out. sometimes the shipping may take a day extra longer but i always report my dvds as i have already returned them the day after my est. shipping date so they will send me dvds quicker and plus i can just take the mailers into the store and get free rentals for them so i like it better
                                You'll find out with BB that even though a DVD shows as available in your queue if it is not within a 2 day shipping window to you you won't get it and they will ship something farther down in your queue. With BB beng #1 and available in your queue means nothing and make sure to have at least 30-40 availablen DVDs in your BB queue or they may not even ship anything on a given day.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎